Home | Reviews | Pedals | Look

• Color: Nude Weave

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by glentoglen a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
    Stay a way!! Pedals are nice, but the cleats are junk... They keep breaking. I've been through 5 cleats in 2yrs. Switching to another pedal system for this season. They always break at the worst possible time as well.

Submitted by gitoutdaway a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2008

Strengths:    Low weight, apparently high quality finish/strength material, good clip system

Weaknesses:    Exccesive high price, poor quality control/factory damage!

Bottom Line:
    I just bought these yesterday. They looked and felt so great in the store I decided to shell out the big bucks for 'em since I needed new pedals anyway.
    But...
    When I got home and looked at the pedals I got, I discovered strange stamp-damage marks on the bottom of the left pedal that broke the upper layer of the pedal surface and looks like some sort of factory damage.
    So...
    I have not mounted them yet but am already dissapointed with LOOK Quality Control on a $500 pedal (!!!) which I find, in todays competitive market, to be unnacceptable imho. I will either return them for exchange (since they do look so promising and I will give it another chance) but will be much more weary of LOOK products in the future and inspect anything I buy out of the box in the store before bringing it home.

Favorite Ride:   NYC

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   Shimano Dura Ace(Look system),Bontrager spd mtb pedals, Campy Record, Time ATAc,

Bike Setup:   Moots comopact sl
    Campy Record
    Reynolds SDV

Submitted by Jake Burby a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2007

Strengths:    Stiffness, power transfer, low profile, asthetics and positioning. All in all a great pedal, a small step better than the KEO Carbon TI, but better none-the-less. Love them!

Weaknesses:    Pricy for such a small difference between the next lower pedal, the LOOK KEO Carbon TI. SLightly smaller platform, although this doesnt create any loss of power as the HM TI is stiffer and lower profile.

Bottom Line:
    Wow...
    I just recieved these from LOOK about a week ago, and the initial presentation, box, DVD included, cleats, everything is sharp. The pedal is said to be stiffer than the KEO Carbon Ti, but I only weigh in at about 150 so I pretty much take LOOK's word on that. I do notice a bit more tension or stiffness when I engage and disengage from the pedals, so I know theat the stregnth is there. They are extremely light, and I love the lower profile and maximum energy transfer.
    With this in mind, I worried about a loss of platform or energy transfer with the decrease in size compared to the Carbon Ti, but they do feel as if they put my foot closer to the platform and of course, closer to the axle.
    Wether these are worth the excess cost over the KEO Carbon Ti's is questionable, especially for a lightweight rider.
    Absolutely no play or flex, and they look sharp.

Favorite Ride:   Anything steep

Similar Products Used:   KEO Carbon, KEO Carbon TI, KEO Classic, Shimano Ultegra, Shimano Dura Ace, Speedplay, Crank Bros.

Bike Setup:   LOOK 486 SE, Shimano Dura Ace, FSA K Force Light Mega Axo Crank, K Wing-Bar, K Force Light stem & Seatpost, Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon Composite Saddle, Mavic ES Wheels, Elite Carbon Cages, Michelin Pro 2 Race tires/tubes