Home | Reviews | Pedals | Look

• Adjustments: Spring tension, 9-15 Nm

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Mr__scott a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2011

Strengths:    great clipping in and out. common parts

Weaknesses:    kill the knees went to time pedals and cured knee pain problem

Bottom Line:
    liked the way they ride, killed my knees once I turned 50. went to time pedals and solved problem

Favorite Ride:   mountain pass

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   many models of look pedals over the past 30 years

Bike Setup:   SCI carbon and trek aluminum

Submitted by giantdefy2 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2011

Strengths:    Lightweight approx 70grams lighter than Shimano 105 pedals. Positive clip in and release. No squeaks ever. Cleats have good grip, no issues with wear, still looks close to original after a year of use.

Weaknesses:    See my gripes in review.

Bottom Line:
    Descent pedal, lightweight, white pedal gets dirty easily due to matte finish. My biggest complaint with these pedals is that they hang at a bad angle. The tip of the pedal faces at the 10 o clock position, so when I try to clip in, I end up on the underside of the pedal every time. Pain in the rear when your at a traffic light. The other issue I have is that the cleat is not flush on the body of the pedal. shoe rocks side to side teetering on the center of the cleat. I have 1200 miles on mine, pedal has developed play in the bearing and when I spin it freely, it sounds rough, like a roulette table.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Shimano 105 pedals, crankbrothers(all)

Bike Setup:   2010 Specialized Tarmac, 2011 Lynskey Cooper

Submitted by smlanham a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2010

Strengths:    cheap and easy to use

Weaknesses:    noisy

Bottom Line:
    Good pedals but I find them very noisy...either squeaking or creaking. I lube before every ride so that usually eliminates the squeaking but after only 2k miles I had a very persistent creaking that i thought was the BB...it was the pedals. I dismantled them and greased them and are quiet again. I guess it's not a big deal now that I know about it. I switched from speedplay X2 that I wore out.

Favorite Ride:   Hilly 100

Purchased At:   don't remember

Similar Products Used:   old spd ( a long time ago)
    Speedplay X2

Bike Setup:   2000 Lemond Chambrey w ultegra

Submitted by Jeff-Bob a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2010

Strengths:    Firm riding platform
    Spin freely
    Red matches my bike

Weaknesses:    Cleats wear out quickly and are hard to walk in on hard surfaces. This drives up the long-term cost of the pedal.

Bottom Line:
    I like the way this pedal works while I'm riding. I use the 4.5 degree float cleats. They provides a firm platform for climbing and general riding. The bearings are smooth and trouble free. I have at least 5000k miles on them.

They are trickier to clip into than an SPD style cleat but I've gotten used to them.

My major issue with the pedals is the cleats. They wear out quickly because the plastic is soft. I do a lot of touring and have to walk in them. I go through at least 1 set a year, and at $20 a pop this drives the cost of the pedal up considerably. They are also slippery when walking on hard surfaces like in a store.

I tried the newer version with the rubber traction strips on the bottom but have trashed the pair in less than 2 months. They are also harder to clip in to the pedal.

They do make covers for them that work, but they are bulky/heavy and I'd rather use that room for arm and leg warmers while riding in the mountains.

Favorite Ride:   Golden Gate Canyon

Purchased At:   Wheat Ridge Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Shimano SPD

Bike Setup:   Specialized Tarmac Expert
    HED Bastogne Wheelset

Submitted by kristian a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2010

Strengths:    Lifespan
    Smooth bearings
    Secure engagement
    Easy disengagement

Weaknesses:    Logos have rubbed off, but I like it that way.

Bottom Line:
    I've had these same pedals since 2007. Logged in tens of thousands of kilometers on them. Engagement is still secure, and disengagement is still easy. Bearings are still silky smooth (as long as you get them overhauled once in awhile, then you'll be fine). Some of the logos have rubbed off long ago, but that's pretty normal with every pedal. No complaints. If ever I have to replace my pedals, I'm sticking with Look.

Favorite Ride:   anywhere