Home | Reviews | Pedals | Mavic

• Optimized cleat/ pedal release
  • QRM sealed cartridge bearing

Submitted by locopsu a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2011

Strengths:    Solid feel in pedal, easy click in and out, great price.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
Bought these to replace my old Mavic, which I used for 15 years. I also purchased the Race pedals for my new Colnago and wanted a compatible pedal for both bikes. These are used on my mtn bike which I use more for trail riding and shopping. Like them better than the old Mavic pedals, foot is solid clicked in and easy to get out in a pinch.

Favorite Ride:   Warm Sunny Day

Purchased At:   Bike24.de

Similar Products Used:   Mavic Pedals ca. 1994

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Mtn Bike

Submitted by ldh6 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2010

Strengths:    -- Price
-- Design is Shimano-esque, which works well.
-- Good hold with good float. My foot feels secure in/on the pedal, but the float is still noticeable and very smooth.

Weaknesses:    -- Entry can be a little tricky as the balance point is behind the spindle, so the pedal ends up almost vertical.
-- Clipping in/out has a 'soft' feel. Not quite as 'positive' as I'd prefer.

Bottom Line:
Bought these pedals to replace a set of Time RXS Speed pedals that broke within 2 months of riding. I was looking for something else on Performance when this sale popped up, and I figured for $40, how could I go wrong? So far, I've got 3 rides for @ 100 miles total on the pedals and I am glad I took the inexpensive chance. They feel much sturdier than the Times, are about the same weight, and are much easier to engage.
-- Cleats don't have the hard plastic on cat shiz feel when walking. They have tabs that seem to have a good grip.
-- Cleats don't have a high-stack feel. When not in the pedals, I don't feel like I'm in an Achilles stretching device.

Favorite Ride:   Various loops