Shimano PD-6700 Pedals

3.8/5 (5 Reviews)

The Ultegra pedal offers pro level performance without the "pro" price.  Features include a low profile design that moves the axle closer to the shoe for better ergonomics and power transfer, adjustable tension for a personalized feel ...

Submitted by stewartj76 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2012

Strengths:    Light, durable, quiet, comfortable once clipped in, low stack height.

Weaknesses:    Hard to clip in without looking.

Bottom Line:
These came included with my new bike, and my Look Deltas were 10 years old, so I decided to give them a try. While they're great pedals once clipped in, they are less intuitive to clip into - a big negative. The problem seems to be with the way the pedals hang: they don't hang tail-down well enough to clip in without looking. Plus there's a lack of "feel" for the toe clip and it's hard to tell if you're on the correct side and correct spot. I did manage to use them on a fixed gear without too much trouble, but I had to be very careful about clipping in.

They do not have the Look Delta squeak, which makes for a quiet ride. I'd like to try the Look Keos or Time iClics to compare.

Favorite Ride:   Deer Creek Canyon

Purchased At:   came with bike

Similar Products Used:   Look Delta

Bike Setup:   Cannondale CAAD9

Submitted by richos a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2010

Strengths:    Enough float, work well, reliable, no squeaking, you can walk in the "cafe" cleats,etc.

Weaknesses:    I always wonder if I'd be happier with Look Keo Maxs--they are lighter, but I worry about reviews that say they are noisy, and other things. Anyone? Do they work well?

Bottom Line:
I have used these, their predecessors, and/or the DuraAce version for many years, maybe the last 44,000 miles. They have always worked well, though lately, I am having issues with the right cleat (the one I always seem to clip in and out of at stop signs) becoming very loose. I've just replaced this cleat, so we'll see.

Favorite Ride:   Anything out of Bormio, Italy

Purchased At:   E-bay

Bike Setup:   Serotta Legend Ti custom

Submitted by DawgDude a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2010

Strengths:    Platform stability, release adjustment, stack ht, float, durability, great for wide feet, easy on knees

Weaknesses:    Finish, cleat adjust-ability, release tension (if you need easy release)

Bottom Line:
I've rode these pedals 500 miles in three weeks. First set of road cleats, I have been using Crank Bros for compatibility between bikes. Cycling coach recommended them (I ride 200m/wk)and I wanted something durable that doesn't squeak. Initial set up by LBS made my knees hurt. The cleat is sensitive to z axis rotation to get the float right. If you don't get it right they bind in one direction. Getting into them is very easy, kick and go. No need to look down after initial break in. Initial release tension seemed high. Engagement and disengagement both are positive with an audible pop. If your new to road cleats, practice first; if your not they have massive binding release force available. They release well from any crank position for me. It would be nice if they had a little more q-factor adjustment. Cleats seem OK for durability if you don't walk on them.

Purchased At:   Center Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Crank Bros, SPD

Submitted by roadpig2001 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2010

Strengths:    Good solid pedal, light, looks good.

Weaknesses:    Crappy float , foot migrates side to side.

Bottom Line:
This is an early review on these as I only have about 100 miles on them. I have been using Look delta pedals for years and thought I would try something more up to date. On the plus side these have about 7mm less stack height than the look pedals and they have a wide platform that gives you the sensation of more stability and power to the pedals. On the negative side the float absolutely sucks. These float primarily at the front of the pedal and a little at the back which makes them a pain to set up. You may think you have a nice tight Q factor but once on the road you find your foot placement has migrated out by 2-3 mm on each side. The "float" is VERY tight and may as well be fixed my knees were screaming after 40 miles. No pedal should be this tight even with new cleats. BTW oil/grease does not help.

Favorite Ride:   NC mountains

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   Speedplay x-5 (nice may give them another try) Old school Look deltas various types (basically all the same)

Bike Setup:   CAAD9 with Ultegra SL Easton EA90