Shimano PD-A600 Pedals

Shimano PD-A600 Clipless/Platform Road Pedals: Ultegra-level, premium single-sided SPD road pedal with an aero-profiled wide cage for added stability. SPD side offers adjustable tension cleat engagement...

Submitted by Vincent a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2012

Strengths:    ????, ??, ?, ????

Weaknesses:    ?????????, but it's not a big deal for me.

Bottom Line:
????SPD??, ??????????, ?????????, ????????, ??????, ?????????????

Similar Products Used:   Shimano PD-A530

Submitted by Jehannum a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2012

Strengths:    Light, secure - one of the benefits of spd is it's really hard to pull out of the pedal inadvertently, even with a worn cleat. Ok to race in nut not as effective as a dedicated road shoe pedal combo. At my level - not an issue.

Weaknesses:    None really, single sided not relly an issue... doesn't look 'hardcore roadie' if that bothers you.

Bottom Line:
I bought these after I had issues with returning to Ultegra SPD-SL (long story but poor hip flexibility leaves me with no real alternative but SPD MTB style cleats). Chose these for my road bike rather than use SPD XT more on vanity and weight than practicality. Nevertheless, they are very light easy to engage and very secure. No hotspots noted. I use them with Sidi MTB 5 - perfect companion. I did try them with my Shimano carbon rtoad shoes converted to spd cleats... way to slidey with too high a stack height.

Similar Products Used:   Look, SPD--SL, SPD XT Spd, Old, Old SPD road Dura ace (mid 90's version)

Bike Setup:   Cannondale r1000

Submitted by siggs a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2011

Strengths:    Decent weight, smooth bearings, Shimano usually has a high level of quality. Product seems well built.

Weaknesses:    Finish color will scratch really easily, as cleats are a way harder material than the aluminum body. It's a pedal though and these things are going to get really scuffed up.

Bottom Line:
Ya I over paid but wanted them right away... These are really nice pedals, for the intended purpose. They feel strong and stable, not sloppy, the float feels good not too much, not too little. I wanted a really good pedal that didn't force me into a full on road race shoe and pedal.
This seems to fit the bill just fine. I teamed them up with a pair of Specialized Sonoma feels pretty good to me.

Favorite Ride:   Trek Madone

Purchased At:   Bicycle Sports Pacif

Similar Products Used:   Clipless pedals from the 90's like time and shimano.

Bike Setup:   Trek Madone SSLX, ultegra and mixed.