Home | Reviews | Pedals | Time

Time iCLIC Racer Pedals

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

• Store Price

Time iCLIC Racer Carboflex Road Pedals are super light weight with an oversized platform and flexible carbon blade rather than metal springs.

Submitted by cpcyclist

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2012

Strengths:    I've always liked Time pedals for their unique float and have used them going back to the first generation Time Mags.

Weaknesses:    The new generation has zero durability.

Bottom Line:
I've cracked two three sets now. They develop a cracks in the pedal body above the spindle. In addition, the latest version (2012) has the triangular stainless steel plates on the top...they fall out after not much use. The first set (first generation of the ICLIC Racer) I purchased from a shop in Europe and Time USA graciously replaced for me. Those also cracked so I waited for the new 2012 version which was supposedly more durable due to the aforementioned plates. Well, those have now crack as well. The last set I purchased from an authorized dealer in the US that I found on Ebay...eurocyclist. They told me they could handle any warranty issues. Well, now that I have one they are claiming it's my fault because I bought the wrong pedal! I weigh 204 lbs and train/race exclusively..no cross. They'll warranty it but they want me to upgrade to the carbon version and pay the difference. So, in a nut shell, I am done with Time and would recommend not purchasing from eurocyclist on Ebay

Submitted by Rick a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2011

Strengths:    See above

Weaknesses:    See above

Bottom Line:
I like the design, they're very light, and very easy to clip into and clip out of. The excessive amount of float, however, caused knee pain and I returned to Campy Record pedals and my knee pain disappeared.
If you're a rider who doesn't generally experience knee discomfort of any kind, these are probably great pedals. My case my be unique...they simply didn't work out for me.

Purchased At:   eBay seller

Similar Products Used:   Campagnolo Record Pro Fit

Bike Setup:   2007 Orbea Orca, Record 10 component group, Fulcrum Racing 1 wheels. ITM 101 bar and stem, Selle Italia SLR XP saddle.

Submitted by Golfguy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2011

Strengths:    Near-zero entry force. Smooth bearings. Light. Very nice, walkable cleat.

Weaknesses:    Engagement takes some getting used to. Cleat durability still in question.

Bottom Line:
Recently purchased these pedals used on eBay. I'm migrating from Campy Look-style pedals from the mid-90s. So far I'm very pleased with these pedals. Entry effort is virtually zero, and is especially noticeable coming from my old pedals which had a fairly high effort to clip in. Starting off from stoplights requires much less attention and effort to get clipped in. The lightness of the pedal will cause it to spin much more than my old pedals if I miss the engagement from start, but I'm getting used to the technique. The pedals are much lighter than my previous set, which is nice. They seem to be well constructed and I expect them to be durable. The axles and bearings are very smooth.
The cleats are much more walkable than the Delta-style cleats I had before. Rubber pads on each corner of the cleat and a long fore-aft length make them very stable on slick floors. I haven't had them long enough to evaluate the durability of the cleats, which is purported to be a problem. Time will tell, although they seem to be fine now.

Favorite Ride:   Kestrel Talon

Similar Products Used:   Campagnolo Athena Look-type pedal. Shimano SPD style pedal.

Bike Setup:   2008 Kestrel Talon, Campagnolo Centaur/Veloce 10-speed, Khamsin wheels, Time iClic pedals,