Campagnolo Centaur-10 Triple Rear Derailleur

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Built in the classic Campy design to provide crisp shifting specifically for the Centaur Triple drivetrain with the use of a 13/29 cassette.

Submitted by cslayton a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2008

Strengths:    Main strength is strength, alloy construction is fairly bullet-proof.

Weaknesses:    If you are all right with anything below Chorus, weight-wise, it takes a lot of limiter adjustments on the long cage during the cable stretch period on the Compact double. That is the nature of the beast, however. But I seem to be tweakling it almost every day.

Bottom Line:
I replaced the pulleys with VCRC Ceramic pulleys and am still in the adjustment phase, the pulleys are a lot thinner than the Campys and more prone to pulling off at the bottom, which is NOT A CAMPAGNOLO PROBLEM. I also recently went from a triple to Compact double.

I got tired of the premium prices of the higher lines, since like a lot of riders I am not riding on a indoor track nor do I have a support team following me in a car. I have basically gone with New/Old Stock in the past, since the Campy stuff is rebuildable. So this is probably ca 2005 Centaur, not a bit of carbon anywhere on it, all gunmetal alloy.

I find the mechanism as smooth and reliable as any Campy stuff I have owned, and this is the "lowest" group I have ever used in a drivetrain for years. This just seems like the Chorus stuff I could not afford a few years ago.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere less than 8%