Shimano Tiagra RD-4500-GS Rear Derailleur

• Store Price

Shimano Tiagra RD-4500 Rear Derailleur features Wide Link design for precise and reliable shifting.

Submitted by Chester County Joe

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2013

Strengths:    Price, Easy to adjust, Durable

Bottom Line:
After putting in more than 3,000 miles with this derailleur for the past 3 years, I am very satisfied with it. Since I keep it in tune all the time, it doesn't skip nor show sluggishness in shifting. Since it's also a long cage, I know that I have the option of upgrading my cassette to a lower gearing than what I currently have and this derailleur can accommodate it. The only downside is that it will always live in the shadow of its more illustrious brothers -- 105, Ultegra, and DA.

I like this, and would recommend it to anyone who's not being swept by the name hype.

Submitted by red elvis a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2010

Strengths:    it works
cheap
quiet
light

Weaknesses:    maybe it shifts not as smooth as the 105, ultegra or dura-ace.

Bottom Line:
i thought about replacing my shimano tiagra rear derailleur(stock)with a 105 to match it with my crankset and front derailleur. but until now, my tiagra is still working fine. it shifts fine and quiet. there is no noise no matter what gear is working. so i decided to wait until it breaks before i replace it which i think will take a while because it seem doing its job very well without any problem.

Favorite Ride:   2010 giant defy 2