Home | Reviews | Forks | Easton

Easton EC70 Forks

4.47/5 (17 Reviews)

By bonding a lightweight aluminum crown and steer tube section to carbon blades...

Submitted by StillKeen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2010

Strengths:    Cheap (I was very lucky to find them on special for $100, but then at the checkout they rung-up at $75).
Nice ride, a definitel improvement over my bikes generic no name forks

Weaknesses:    The forks were never perfectly aligned. I've checked my front wheel, and it's dished perfectly, yet when I mount it different directions in the fork it's closer to one side. This would be a problem if I was running 23mm tires, but with 25's it fits one way, but not the other.

I would prefer if the fork had a tad more clearance so 25mm tires fitted easier.

Bottom Line:
Purchased to replace my generic forks on a generic 7005 triple butted kinesis framed road bike. The original forks didnt have enough steerer left for me to get the riding position I really wanted.

The forks ride much nicer than the original forks. They've 2-3 rides a week for the last 3 years with no issues

Favorite Ride:   K2 course in New Zealand

Purchased At:   SuperGo Santa Monica

Similar Products Used:   Generic carbon from Kinesis. Cotic RoadRat steel fork, Condor with renyolds 753 steel fork, Lemond with OCLV carbon frame/fork

Bike Setup:   7005 kinesis triple butted alloy. Ultegra 6510 shifters, DA 7700 rear derailleur, DA7410 front derailleur, Ultegra 6600 brakes and cranks, Chris King wheels on Mavic Open pro rims with DT spokes, Ritchey Pro carbon post, Specialized Toupe saddle, Ritchey WCS carbon classic bars etc

Submitted by Bumblebee Man a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2006

Strengths:    The fork is lightish for an alu steerer (478g uncut). Good handling. Very comfortable

Weaknesses:    a little flexy when my weight is over the bars

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 1"1/8 alu-steerer model, which i believe to be a 2005 or 2006.

This fork came with a 2006 BMC Street Fire frameset (which is why I didn't include the price), and I've already logged a few thousand kms on it. This fork is comfortable, tracks and corners well, and passes all the 'no hands' tests, but, as a biggish guy (195lbs), I too find it a little flexy when riding off the saddle. I'm consdering trying some stiffer forks, such as a Columbus Link. I'm prepared to sacrifice a little comfort for some rigidity.

Purchased At:   Australia

Similar Products Used:   Columbus Muscle, Columbus Link, Mizuno,

Bike Setup:   BMC, 9 speed Dura-Ace, CXP33 rims

Submitted by qatworks a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2005

Strengths:    Weight

Bottom Line:
Excellent fork with great damping. Haven't noticed any shimmy as noted by other riders. Responsive.

Favorite Ride:   Seattle to Portland (STP)

Purchased At:   Bothell Ski & Bike

Similar Products Used:   Canondale

Bike Setup:   Felt CA1 with Dura Ace

Submitted by tresdood a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2004

Strengths:    Lightweight, looks good, very comfortable.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
Great fork. Replaced a Kestrel fork with an aluminum steerer. Noticable increase in road damping. Really comfortable. A bit flexy when climbing on the hoods. I ride for comfort, so this fork is perfect for me.

Favorite Ride:   SW Ohio

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   kestrel ems, reynolds ouzo comp.

Bike Setup:   Softride, Dura Ace, Ultegra

Submitted by 1packaja a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 29, 2004

Strengths:    For the price, it looks great, weight is great, and the feel is awesome.

Weaknesses:    N/A

Bottom Line:
Have never experienced any problems. I hammer my products by riding year round in rain, snow, heat, etc. I live in an area that has many railroad tracks and poorly surfuced roads. No problems.

Purchased At:   Nashbar.com

Bike Setup:   Trek, 105 componets

Easton EC70 Zero Setback Performance NEW FOR $59.99, thoughts?

I am looking for a new seat post and was going to get another 3 T Doric Team until i saw this deal from Performance, anybody have this or able to give me a review? Easton EC70 Zero Setback 400mm Seatpost -- CloseoutRead More »

$20 EC70 Stem 130mm

If I had a need for it, I'd buy it. 19.99 at Jensonusa.com Ridiculous price for the '08 model. I own one, and it's holding up great on my commuter. :DRead More »

EC70 fork / tire clearance

Anybody with a EC70 fork running 25mm tires? My new bike has this fork, and it doesn't look like my old bontrager race lite 25mm tires will have enough clearance.Read More »

EC70 0 offset seatpost 30 bux

At [URL="http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/SE402A02-Easton+Ec70+Zero+Seatpost+08.aspx"]Jenson[/URL]. Seems like a really good deal...only if you have a 29.4. :mad2:Read More »

EC70 X Cross Fork

This was my first season of cross racing, and I was pretty happy with the current setup of my bike...except for the fork. What are some opinions of the EC70 X Cross Fork? I was originally interested in the Alpha Q CX20, but honestly didn't realize that they had gone out of business. I found a c ... Read More »