Kinesis Carbon 3 Forks

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

The brilliant Kinesis Yellow or Stealth Black paint finish on our most affordable carbon fork is durable and attractive. Like every Kinesis road fork, the Carbon 3 features a chromoly steerer, forged crown and thermal-bonded construction. Blade cross section: 38mm x 22mm at crown, 22mm x 20mm at tips.

Submitted by JSupan a Recreational Rider from Covington, LA

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2003

Strengths:    It survived a 30mph spill this past weekend (rider error). No troubles. Great price.

Weaknesses:    I'm not wild about the black paint job. It's good, but the weave pattern is only noticable in the unpainted "Kinesis" name area. The yellow color option was a worse choice for my bike color.

Bottom Line:
Had my LBS order and install this fork, switching from threaded to threadless headset. What a difference from the Kinesis aluminum alloy fork that came with the bike. Smoothed the ride out very nicely.

Favorite Ride:   Crescent City Century

Similar Products Used:   Steel, Cro-moly & aluminum forks on various bikes.

Bike Setup:   2000 Schwinn SuperSport GL, 105 drivetrain, Velomax Circuit Wheels

Submitted by thejen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2002

Strengths:    Stiff climber
Smooth rider

Bottom Line:
Can't beat this fork for the money! I originally put this fork on my aluminum Klein to smooth out the bumps. What surprised me, was how stiff the fork was for climbing! And it really did smooth out the pavement, too. And it cost about 1/2 as much as a Time fork. Now I have one on my titanium bike, too.

Purchased At:   Local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   Aluminum Klein Kirsten with this fork, also Titanium Litespeed Classic with this fork.

Submitted by ricpd a Recreational Rider from Netherlands

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2001

Strengths:    Great ride with at least as much vibration dampening as I thought was possible.

Weaknesses:    None seen yet, but long term durability unknown. I took on heck of a bump at 24 mph last weekend and everything is intact.

Bottom Line:
I took a chance on this fork, hoping to smoothen out a very harsh ride for the sake of my upper body. I cannot believe the impact this fork has had. The Netherlands has a phenomenal amount of dedicated bike trails, although many of them are constructed with "pavers" (and are still smoother than most roads in Delaware!!!). I was converting from a 1 1/4" steerer tube to 1 1/8" and opted to make the transition with a Chris King "Devolution" - - awesome headset and affordable only because of the cheap price I got the fork for.

Favorite Ride:   Everywhere in NL

Purchased At:   Ebay Auction

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   Cannondale 2.8 (1994) with full Ultegra, Mavic Open CD, Specialized Armadillos

Submitted by Roarke Wright a Recreational Rider from Waldorf, Matyland

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2001

Strengths:    Compatability

Weaknesses:    dont know yet

Bottom Line:
The addition of this fork has made a remarkable difference in the smoothness of this bike it realy soaks up bumps. This is a great carbon fork to compliment steel at a reasonable price.

Favorite Ride:   Any time I can