Leader Bike LD-S781CF Forks

• Alloy Crown and Dropouts

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by patcat3 a Recreational Rider from Los Angeles

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2003

Strengths:    Carbon steer tube, lightweight, and an excellent buy for the price as a combo-purchase item from Leader.

Weaknesses:    None to report at this time.

Bottom Line:
    I originally planned on getting the curved carbon fork, but saw (too late) that a straight had been ordered, so I just waited for the delivery. It's a stiletto: a very thin fork.

First time I rode it, it seemed flimsy. Now, I think it was just the responsiveness. I'm usually 180 lbs., and packing 190 lbs. at the moment. I've put about a hundred-plus miles on it, and I've gone over some rough stuff, and a few unexpected potholes. It's plush. My hands don't have anywhere the typical numbness that can develop. I've done some reasonably hard cornering, and it seems firm enough. I'm quite impressed, especially when comparing it to a carbon Profile Design (BRC w/alloy steer tube) that I have on another bike. Looks don't always tell all.

Favorite Ride:   Leader 715R (only ride)

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Profile Design BRC (alloy steer-tube)

Bike Setup:   My budget-ride: Shimano 105 octalink cranks (double chainrings), 105 RD, Bontrager Select wheels, Kenda tires, Leader carbon seatpost, Selle San Marco Aspide seat.

Submitted by treefrog a Road Racer from Atlanta, Ga

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2002

Strengths:    Light, strong(I'm 190+ lbs) and confortable

Bottom Line:
    The fork is light, relatively inexpensive, and gives a responsive yet forgiving ride (at least equal to my pricey steel road bike fork). A disastorous crash necessitated replacement. Leader responded immediately under the terms of their crash replacement policy even though I had forgotten about it.

Favorite Ride:   Leader LD 575

Purchased At:   on line frame and fo

Similar Products Used:   Ritchey, Cannondale Forks and one other of unknown brand(but on an expensive bike)

Bike Setup:   Ultegra Triple, Spinergy Sprox Wheels, Weyless Seatpost, SLR saddle