Home | Reviews | Forks | Look

Look HSC Carbon Forks

4.83/5 (6 Reviews)

Stiff, straight carbon blades and carbon steerer. 1" threadless.

Submitted by Andrich a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2006

Strengths:    weight, look, comfortable

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
Lightweight, great look, smoothes vibration very well.

Favorite Ride:   road

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Kinesis

Bike Setup:   Storck vision light, Ultegra

Submitted by Acenturian a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2004

Strengths:    Looks, and weight

Weaknesses:    Decals too bold

Bottom Line:
I bought this fork off ebay for 80.00. It was hardly used. The fork looks great and it is very light. So light that it scares me I'm still not totally comfortable with a carbon tube but has worked great so far.

The quality of the fork is very good. I agree that that the decals are kind of "bold" something a little more less flashy would be nice.

Over all great product

Favorite Ride:   Any place that I can get time to go

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   stock forks

Bike Setup:   Velorazzo frame, Look carbon forks, Modolo carbon bars, Campagnolo Centaur/Chorus drive train, Spinergy wheels, Veloflex tires, Koobi saddle

Submitted by Joseph Ferazza a Road Racer from Tacoma,Wa,US

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2002

Strengths:    Light, compliant, the best at this price.

Weaknesses:    Mabee 1 1/8 would be nicer but then it wouldnt be on closeout for 180 bucks either, right?

Bottom Line:
I really like the ride of this fork. Very supple although it doesnt seem overly flexy to me (165lbs.) it seems to handle well. I went from a 43mm offset to 45mm. If you are planning on upgrading the fork for your bike I would definitely recommend this one at supergo. They might still have a few. Only drawback is the 1" steerer. Oh did I mention it is extremely light? 350 grams is not a lot. Allmost scary when you think about what it is doing.

Favorite Ride:   any

Purchased At:   supergo

Similar Products Used:   Look LDS aluminum crowned and cro-mo steerer. It was heavy and aero. Bianchi full carbon, supprisingly light, mabee even lighter than the look. Not as nice a ride though.

Bike Setup:   Look KG286, DA and whatever else is lying around. Wheels switch between rolfs and open pro setup.

Submitted by des a Road Racer from monsuer, france

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2001

Strengths:    very light. In fact, it feels too light to be a fork.

Bottom Line:
Thought it would be flexy due to its light weight, but can not tell a difference. Feels compliant. Great fork. Took off 3/4 of a pound off bike.

Favorite Ride:   col de blanc

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   Cdale like Cippolini's. light.

Submitted by Knut a Recreational Rider from Gainesville, FL, USA

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2000

Strengths:    light, vertically compliant

Weaknesses:    could be stiffer laterally, pricey

Bottom Line:
Excellent. A laterally stiffer fork, same or lower weight (strong with lifetime guarantee) for $250 would be 5+ stars!
I have been very happy with this fork. The HSC2 would be a better choice for the fashion conscious with it's straight blades. I'm not sure that fork is stiffer though. The HSC3 (aero profile) is now available too though I have not yet heard anything about it.
Buy it if you like light comfort.
Forget it if you are a 200+ lb heavy sprinter.

Favorite Ride:   around Crater Lake, Oregon