Home | Reviews | Forks | Look

Look Look HSC-4 Road Fork Forks

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by cz85b a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2006

Strengths:    Very stiff, and I am over 230 lbs with all of the gear and camel bak I use for some of my long journeys, and I have not had a single instance where the fork wavered....

Weaknesses:    None other than the retail price $400 (ouch!)However, I would pay full retail price given the choice over other forks any day of any week!

Bottom Line:
I am an ultra marathon cyclist, and I put my equipment through its paces! I have approximately 10,000 miles on this fork since I bought it this past October. (I bought it as Brand New) At first I was nervous, because it is ALL CARBON, even where the Crown race happens to be! However, I am absolutely thrilled with the feel, it is stiff, it is SUPER LIGHT, and it is actually pretty aero given that the blades are not flat on both sides.

Favorite Ride:   Furnace Creek 508

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Easton EC 90slk and the aero, Quintana Roo forks (when they were really wild looking)

Bike Setup:   Ksyrium SL, Easton Orion II, Topolino, My own built wheels with high end hubs, Top of the line shimano, FSA SLK Mega Exo (they suck) cranks (going to change them out to something with a Titanium ISIS BB....)

Submitted by oregonyankee a Road Racer from Portland, OR

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2002

Strengths:    Nice rake angle for most conditions; weight; aerodynamic shape.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
Nice replacement fork. Rumors about softness and lateral give on corners (esp on fast descents) have not proved true (so far).

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere in Oregon

Bike Setup:   Trek 5500; Dura-Ace; Mavic Ksyriums SSC SL

Submitted by trailbuilder30 a Road Racer from Moss Landing, CA

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2002

Strengths:    Stiff, solid, light, good looks

Weaknesses:    Nothing yet

Bottom Line:
Completely changed the ride of my bike for the better. Feels like its cornering on rails. Much more planted in high speed corners. Goes where you point it, does not drift, unlike my previous fork,a Wound UP with carbon steerer. Also a quarter pound lighter. Seven owners, or people concidering a Seven, get the HSC4 instead of the Seven Wound UP, you will be much happier.

Purchased At:   SpokesMan Bike shop