Performance Forte Classic Forks

Submitted by Shawn Swanson a Recreational Rider from Federal Way, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2002

Strengths:    Fairly light weight (for the money spent)
Tuned up a harsh ride

Weaknesses:    I've ridden the high end stuff...these forks still don't match those...but hey, for the price, you get a lot for the money. If you are one of those boners who has to have stuff with the big name label on it, then go get a second job and buy the more expensive forks.

Bottom Line:
I am a mountain biker who uses a road bike to stay fit in the winter months. I had a steel frame and fork on my road bike that suited me fine. I wanted to upgrade, but couldn't justify spending $300 on a carbon fork made by a brand name company. I tried the Forte Classic since the price was right. I noticed quite a bit of difference. The ride was smoother. I use that term relatively since I my MTB has 5-inches of travel front and rear, so how can I call a fully rigid bike smoothe? However, the Forte Classic did seem to mellow out the harsh ride of the stock fork. The weight savings was the biggest plus.

Favorite Ride:   Sorry, anything on dirt

Purchased At:   Performance

Bike Setup:   2000 KHS Aero Turbo, Selle Italia Flite, Shimano 105, Forte Classic Fork, Cane Creek headset, Speedp

Coming soon - hottest road bike products from these brands!