Profile Design AC Forks

• Store Price

One of the lightest forks available weighing in at a scant 320 grams with a 300mm steerer. Continuous carbon fibers run from drop out to the steerer increasing lateral stiffness. 700C or 650C. Carbon fiber gap cap included. Bulged, inner blades for improved sprinting, climbing and cornering.

Submitted by BMoney a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2004

Strengths:    Light,strong,and good all around fork for training or racing.

Weaknesses:    Cost

Bottom Line:
One of the lightest forks on the market. I am vey impressed with Profile Design on this fork. I wanted to go full carbon when upgrading and shopped around a bit. This fork really takes the edges off the road. I made the switch from my heavy stock aluminum fork and could immeditly tell the difference. My cornering improved as a result of the light manuevering and responsiveness. It looks better than other forks out there (Easton, Reynolds)and I prefer the matte finsih over the gloss.

Favorite Ride:   Any ride

Similar Products Used:   Aluminum

Bike Setup:   2002 Fuji Newest frame, Ksyrium SSC, Profile Desingn AC fork, FSA Pro Team carbon crankset, Ultegra group, Easton EC 70 seatpost, Deda stem an handlebars, Speedplay, and Serfas Aria saddle.

Submitted by scooter0007 a Road Racer from Redmon, IL

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2003

Strengths:    good attention to detail, can be a good value if you shop Supergo.com. Wonderful ride quality and LIGHT!

Weaknesses:    I would perfer a gloss finish instead of the matte finish. This would better match my bike.

Bottom Line:
I upgraded from the stock Lemond threaded fork with AL steerer and dropped almost a pound of weight. That is total fork, stem and new bars.
The ride is supple without being too soft in hard corners.
I paid too much for this at my lbs but hey they have to eat too!

Favorite Ride:   Anytime I am on 2 wheels

Similar Products Used:   stock lemond carbon fiber fork with al steerer.

Bike Setup:   Lemond BE with Easton 70 seatpost, Specialized Body Geo TI seat, Bontrager Race light wheels, TTT 199 bars, Dura ace BB and crank, 105 derailers, shifters and brakes.

Submitted by mackpappy a Road Racer from san francisco

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2003

Strengths:    Does what a fork should. The ride is very nice. I went from a custom steel fork which I really liked, and the Profile was a world better in the ride dept. Very smooth, but stiff in the corners, and under braking. Mine is 1 1/8 threadless, fyi.

Weaknesses:    The headset fixing hardware is pretty cheesy, but it works. The tips are about 2mm further apart than my hub flanges, which is odd.

Bottom Line:
Super light, looks good, rides great.

Favorite Ride:   GG Bridge/Marin Headlands

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   I built the frame from Columbus Foco, full DA 9spd.

Submitted by usnAgent007 a Recreational Rider from Annapolis

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2002

Strengths:    Extremely light; it is haled as the lightest fork on the market. Supposedly 320g with a 300mm stearer. Profile will replace a crashed fork for 30% below retail. They take care of their people. http://www.profile-design.com/technical_warranty.html

Weaknesses:    None; if the weight is an indication of structural integrity, I haven't had any problems. I've seen it suggested that riders be under 200lbs for this. I wish it were light AND had the aero profile, but I'm being extrememly picky.

Bottom Line:
This fork has been amazing. I dropped a HUGE amount of weight upgrading from my OEM Trek fork (feels like 2.5 lbs)...it really is a climber's dream. It rides smoooooth and feels more responsive. There's just no weight up there! It's great.

Favorite Ride:   San Diego downtown to Point Loma

Purchased At:   gearlink

Similar Products Used:   Trek OCLV Air Rail carbon, 1" threaded, chromoly stearer. <---very heavy by comparison.

Bike Setup:   2001 Trek 2200 alpha aluminum, Profile 1" threadless AC, Chris King headset, Shimano 105, Mavic Heli

Submitted by Andrew Baird a Recreational Rider from Seneca SC USA

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2001

Strengths:    Light weight and STIFNESS!

Weaknesses:    None, if you are in the market for a new threadless fork look no further.

Bottom Line:
This new fork setup is 3/4 of a pound lighter that my old setup. The fork feels much more stiff laterally thanthe old look. I have a friend who recently bought a look all carbon fork, also 1", and his steerer tube seems to flex more up top when you push on the bars than mine does. I have only ridden four or five times since I got it but, so far I think it is so much better thatn my previous fork. We will see how it feels after a long ride soon. This having a new baby cuts into your riding time. If you are in the market for a new fork and you want a stout yet light fork I suggest that you seriously consider this one. If you are looking for name recognition buy the Look all carbon. If you want the best fork for your dollar go with the Profile Design AC. I can't remember which month it was that Bicycling Mag compared the Look and Profile all carbon forks and the Profile got their vote too.

Favorite Ride:   Hilly Half Hundred (training loop)

Similar Products Used:   Old fork was a look that came on my litespeed in 1997. This fork was a Christmas present along with new headset and stem. My dad got a special package deal from my LBS in the $350 range. That was with a Cane Creek S-5 headset and a Profile 02 stem, they used to callit the Peloton.

Bike Setup:   Litespeed Catalyst, Mavic Cosmic Equipe or Ksyrium wheels depending on the ride - flat or hills, Full Ultegra 9spd, 12-23 cass, Easton C2 post, Giro Pave saddle, Profile bars.

Subaru AC problem - help with diagnosis and advice

My 2004 Impreza TS 2.5 (manual) with 162,000km started doing something weird the other night. I was driving on the highway and I turned on the air conditioning. It seemed to work fine (lots of cooling) but every 45 seconds or so it would make a brief psst sound. While it was making this sound, I cou ... Read More »

Rim choice for 32 hole AC hubset

I have an American Classic Micro58 front hub 32 spoke and an AC RD205 - 17mm Rear hub 32 hole. Can you recommend a rim? I weigh 183lbs and am neither a climber nor a sprinter, but getting better after joining a club. Thanks ps. Already have an AC Hurricane wheelset, 32 hole, 23mm wide, 40 ... Read More »

AC Argent tubeless wheelset on order!

Just ordered a pair of these. Been shopping around and finally got a good deal because some shop mis-posted a listing for them on Amazon - they were really cool and gave me the advertized price. Been running WI hubs with A23 rims tubeless but wanted to put these on my cx and get something pretty lig ... Read More »

Champions League AC Milan 0-0 Anderlecht

Seven-time winner AC Milan limped to a goalless draw against Belgian side Anderlecht in Tuesday Champions League opener in front of a more than half-empty San Siro wear soccercleatsoutlet us]cheap soccer cleats Milan have had a disappointing start to their Serie A campaign, suffering home defeats t ... Read More »

Champions League AC Milan 0-0 Anderlecht