Profile Design SC Forks

Carbon performance in a traditional design. CrMo steering column. Straight fork blades for increased stiffness and precise handling. Traditional, straight fork blades for stiffness and a classic look. 700C only. Threaded or Threadless. High-Performance for road events. 508 grams (Aluminum 300mm).

Submitted by jhen a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2010

Strengths:    Light weight, better steering, fast looking and less fatigue while using.

Weaknesses:    Brake bolt may have to be cut down.

Bottom Line:
I bought this to replace the oh-so-boring aluminum fork I got for my titanium road bike. I found this one to be stiff and rather heavy in front, not at all what I expected from Kinesis so I got a replacement.

I had heard of failures among these type of forks and was cautious at first, steer around potholes, etc.

I found it had better vibration absorption, leaving my arms less tired after long rides. I also found it had a lighter feel on the front end, making quick turns was much easier, as the trail of the fork was less and made tight turns much easier. I also started noticing the rougher roads were easiy to pick and maintain the line you wanted withour drifting.

The carbon weave under the clear was also quite visually appealing. I did find the fixing bolt for the front brake had to be cut down, as it bottomed before getting a firm grip. I had used Campagnolo brakes and found they had odd problems like that from time to time..

Bike Setup:   Kona titanium road bike (Haole), Ti BB, Campagnolo grouppo, Litespeed Ti Stem with Ti bolt, Syncros Al post,

Submitted by DoothaBartman a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2004

Strengths:    Shock absorber
Awesome visuals as it absorbs the road
Looks sweet (clear coat carbon fiber weave)

Bottom Line:
This thing works like a suspension fork on a mountain bike! The roughest roads are totally smoothed out. It has a ton of flex. When I ride without hands I'm amazed at how I can actually see the fork moving around underneath the bike. I'm no racer, but in addition to the supple ride this thing gives my hands a direct line to the road beneath me and steering response is incredible.

Similar Products Used:   Factory, no name carbon fork from Kona

Bike Setup:   Gunnar Tire Biter frame
Ultegra Group
Mavic Classics Elite wheelset
Profile Design SC fork

Submitted by john crumlish a Road Racer from bflo

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2000

Strengths:    it's a great ride. way better than steel. economical. i've seen this bad boy in the low 100's, so there's no excuse for any roadie to be suffering.

Weaknesses:    none. it's a great fork and i have definitely put it to the test. off road and everything.

Bottom Line:
it rocks!

Favorite Ride:   niagara parkway

Purchased At:   nashbar

Similar Products Used:   specialised steel fork. schwinn steel fork.

Bike Setup:   853. 9 speed ultegra. vredestein tricomps. michelin toobs. profile stem, bar and tape. sdg saddle. look peddles. dt spokes.