Reynolds Ouzo Pro Lite Forks

The Ouzo Pro Lite is a gram counter’s delight. Featuring proprietary unidirectional carbon fiber, the Pro Lite offers a full 55 gram weight savings over the standard Ouzo Pro. 1 1/8”, 365 g. (uncut steerer). Fits 700c wheels. 4.3cm rake.

Submitted by MooseDawg a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2008

Strengths:    Light, smooth, stable, takes out the harsh bumps

Weaknesses:    price

Bottom Line:
I replaced my the stock carbon aero fork on my Giant TCR 1. The stock fork had an aluminum steerer tube. I replaced the fork b/c the bike was very squirrelly, harsh over the bumps, an noticeably unstable in cross wind conditions.

Had LBS install the Ouzo Pro Lite (43 rake). The difference was night and day. The harshness and squirreliness immediately disappeared. Became super smooth--supple. Downhill bombing confidence returned. No crosswind issues.

Didn't think an all carbon fork would make such a big difference--but it did. I love it.

Submitted by Keith a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2006

Strengths:    Strong, well built & light weight. There might be other lighter forks out there, but Reynolds build a great fork. Just see how many 'pros' use them.

Bottom Line:
I've used this fork for over 18 months and have nothing other than praise for this fork. Light, strong and well built. In fact - I don't even think about it or it's handling while riding.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere in the Bluegrass

Purchased At:   e-bay

Similar Products Used:   Steel & other assorted carbon forks.

Bike Setup:   Merlin Agilis, Stronglight Vulcan crankset, Marvic SSC SL's, 10's Chorus. Ritchey WCS carbon seatpost.

Submitted by RMR a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2005

Strengths:    Great balance of everything you could want in a fork: light weight, stiffness, smoothness, and (presumably) aerodynamics. Looks good, too, and it's available in numerous rakes.

Weaknesses:    I honestly can't think of anything I don't like about it. I even like the preload adjustment mechanism, which is something I can't say for every light fork out there.

Bottom Line:
At first, I wasn't blown away by this fork - or any other aspect of my bike. I've since come to realize that's because everything is just so right and natural that I can never find quirks or other weirdnesses worthy of comment.

I never notice any flex from the fork. It's lighter than several other forks that claim to be as much as 40g lighter. It doesn't do anything strange under severe braking (ex. a 30 yard stoppie to avoid a car making a left turn in front of me). It rides fairly smoothly, despite my minimal rake (40mm). And for the smaller details, Reynolds seems to have put some thought into the aerodynamics of it and I like the matte look.

Some forks have characteristics you really notice, but they never come for free: if it's incredibly smooth, it won't be epecially smooth; if it's super stiff, it won't absorb much shock; and then there are forks that are flexy AND harsh.

Favorite Ride:   I'll let you know after I've made a pilgrimage to Italy.

Purchased At:   Strong Frames

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Slice SI - also pretty good, but I wouldn't trade for my Ouzo Lite. I've done a lot of test-riding, too, including countless ~1 mile rides of customers' bikes.

Bike Setup:   Strong custom with Columbus Spirit tubing (steel) and Reynolds carbon seatstays. Velomax Ascent II wheels and components that make me swoon.

Submitted by campyhag a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2004

Strengths:    Soaks up irregularities and has enough stiffness for me. Reynolds testing gives you a little added security on the 15 percent downhills...

Weaknesses:    Some woul say the lack of visible carbon weave, I think it looks better than the Ouzo Pro on one of my other bikes.

Bottom Line:
Feels just like my Ouzo Pro but is lighter and has a cool matte appearance.
Great riding fork.

Favorite Ride:   fingerlakes

Purchased At:   strongframes

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager, Ouzo pro, steel forks.

Bike Setup:   Strong with chorus 10,Ritchey bar and stem, Excel custom wheels, Looks, Fizik chair, Thomson post, FSA headset.

Reynolds Ouzo Pro Lite

I have one and it is uncut. I haven't bothered just yet since I only have about 30 miles on the bike and I want to fine tune the positioning. Somebody has told me that Reynolds has a max amount of spacers recommended for this fork. I have searched but have not yielded anything yet... Anyone ... Read More »