Reynolds Ouzo Pro Forks

4.61/5 (46 Reviews)

The ultimate in ride comfort, stability, and aerodynamics. Unique Vibration Minimization System (VBS) eliminates harsh road vibrations for a smooth, chatter-free ride without sacrificing stiffness or strength.

Submitted by Edward Young a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2009

Strengths:    Weight

Weaknesses:    Out of alignment - caused consistent high speed wobble/shimmy.

Bottom Line:
Wonderful fork as long as you don't need to go fast downhill. My bike developed a high speed shimmy after I had this fork installed which kicked in at 30 - 45 mph depending on head wind speeds. Turns out the fork was out of alignment (left and right arms not symmetrical to center axis) unrepairable and no warranty. Spent $400, nearly killed me, and company wouldn't replace. Will never buy another product from Reynolds. PS - replaced fork and bike rides like it is on rails.

Favorite Ride:   Yerba Buena

Similar Products Used:   Kestrel; EMS

Bike Setup:   Calfee Tetra Pro - Campy Record - Mavic SSL

Submitted by tomacita a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2008

Strengths:    very light, many available sizes, minimal vibration gets through the deadening carbon weaves, very economic, less than half the price of the Easton equivilant.

Weaknesses:    I had a lot of difficulty with the compression plug which kept slipping and wouldn't compress my headset and allowed for play. I finally lightly scored the inside of the steerer tube and thoroughly cleaned it and the rubber O-ring on the compression plug with Isopropyl Alcohol and it finally didn't slip and allowed me to tighten my headset to an appropriate level

Bottom Line:
I'm 200lbs, a strong rider, with a few years ezperience. I replaced the stock carbon fork from my Felt F55 that had the aluminum steerer. This fork reduces my weight by almost a pound. The forks come in all sizes required to match the specifications of the bicycle ie: rake, steerer tube sizes, and an uncut steerer tube awaiting your customization. I didn't find there to be as much flex as others have reported. I felt that there was an appropriate amount of compliancy which underscores the incredible comfort afforded by this excellent forks characteristics.

Favorite Ride:   A+ group ride

FSA headset/stem/seatpost
Spec toupe saddle

Submitted by interactive3 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2007

Strengths:    Good at absorbing road vibrations and small bumps. Very light weight. Nicely designed (looks great). High quality manufacturing.

Weaknesses:    Less than precise steering. Too much torsional flex. It seems that between the dropouts and the crown there is a lot of flex. The fork does not instill confidence at high speeds.

Bottom Line:
I'm 6'0" and 165 lbs. This is my first all carbon fork. I changed out a Specialized F.A.C.T. C-2 Carbon fork (integrated, aluminum crown and steerer, Zertz inserts). The Reynolds Ouzo Pro is MUCH lighter and absorbs vibration as well as the Specialized fork with the Zerts inserts. BUT, I'm astonished at the fork's flex. I would have gotten a different fork If I had known how flexible it was.

Purchased At:   bikesource.com

Similar Products Used:   Specialized F.A.C.T. C-2 Carbon (integrated; aluminum crown and steerer, 43mm rake), Cannondale Slice Ultra Carbon (aluminum crown and steerer), Winwood Dusty Cross Carbon (integrated; aluminum crown and steerer)

Bike Setup:   Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork: Integrated, 43mm Rake, 10.5" Steerer. Ritchey WCS Stem. Specialized 6066 Aluminum 44cm Bars. Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheel.

Submitted by maxpower115 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2007

Strengths:    Value, (100 cheaper than AQ and EC90)
Weight
Shape

Weaknesses:    I am picky but they accent the frame with an ugly lavender color...settle, but I slight eye sore.

Bottom Line:
After months of research and feed back from various LBS, I decided between the EASTON 90 and the Reynolds. At the end of the day it came down to price, and various reviews I read on blogs. I replaced the carbon fork with alum steer on my Bianchi veloce. There was a dramatic difference in weight and shape (stock fork was wider, and more of curve). Set up was rather easy, except placing the plug was rather nerve breaking since you have to pound in it. My bike rides totally different with the new fork. It is very stiff (I am about 175 and it does not bend, my brakes pads are about 3mm from the rim). Ride is very "sporty". This is not for some one looking for additional comfort as my stock fork was softer however control is improved, and I feel that I am more connected with my front wheel.

Favorite Ride:   Hot summer days

Purchased At:   Excel Sports

Similar Products Used:   N/A

Bike Setup:   Bianchi Veloce, Mavic SSC Brakes, Record Carbon seat post

Submitted by albuquerque turkey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2007

Strengths:    confident, light and strong

Weaknesses:    none yet will get back to you if it has weakness after this review

Bottom Line:
i just have to say the reviews are true. this is a great fork for the price. at 40 mph i was afraid to pass another rider, but today no problem; of course downhill. uphill the fork responded and did not absorb energy from pedaling, very smooth ride, light and confident. i never new what having a confident fork meant but now i do. dont wait just get the fork. lbs installed fork in albq-sportoutdoors; they are the best.

Favorite Ride:   break a sweat

Purchased At:   cambria in cali

Similar Products Used:   masi fork other would be all mountain forks so they are not included

Bike Setup:   masi gran corsa, aspide carbon seat sram crank and brakes, awesome neuvation wheels, bontrager rubber, shimano trans, carbon bars, ritchey stem

Merckx AX titanium frame w/ Reynolds Ouzo Pro carbon fork

I am reluctantly selling my Eddy Merckx AX titanium frame with an Reynolds Ouzo Pro carbon fork. Frame is built with Merckx Century Geometry with 57 cm seat tube (c-c), 56.8 cm top tube, 15 cm head tube, 72.6 seat tube angle. Fork has 43 mm rake and aluminum steer tube about 26 cm long. Price is ... Read More »

Cracked my Ouzo Pro, replace with Enve?

I posted in another thread that I (rather stupidly) overtightened my stem on a Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork and cracked the steerer tube. I am almost certain that I am going to buy an Edge/Enve 2.0 as a replacement. But before I pull the trigger, I've noticed that the Enve has a shorter axle to crow ... Read More »

Reynolds Ouzo Pro Question

So, I was installing a new stem on my bike, which has a Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork. The Reynolds instructions say to tighten the stem bolts to the manufacturers' specifications. I'm a bit concerned as the stem that I am using (3TTT 4GX) has 13nm stamped next to the steerer clamp bolts, and that seemed ... Read More »

Ouzo Pro Compression Plug

The threads inside the compression plug on my Ouzo Pro fork stripped out. Reynolds just informed me they haven't been in the fork business for over 3 years. SO...anyone have a Ouzo Pro compression plug, know a shop/person who does, know of a replacement plug that would work? I'm without roa ... Read More »

Reynolds Ouzo Pro ????

I'm about to fit an integrated Ouzo Pro fork on to my non integrated Litespeed Icon, with CK headset. I can't find a std one anywhere so I've bought this I haven't got the fork yet, are there likely to be any issues. Also while I'm on does anyone know why Reynolds stopped making forks. They seem ... Read More »