Ritchey WCS Carbon Forks

Race tested design. Carbon monocoque construction. Unique drop out design allows for secure wheel clamping at a reduced weight. Entire fork designed to dissipate loads throughout the fork, reducing stress on the critical crown area. 44mm crown shoulder aligns with integrated and standard headsets for visual alignment.

Submitted by nonverbal a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2009

Strengths:    Lightweight.Stiff.Durable.Comfortable.

Weaknesses:    I think...no.

Bottom Line:
I 've used this fork for not a short time.For my weight(about 58kg),I think this fork has done excellent job.It has some advantage:
1.Light.The fork I've get is 300g uncut.Amazing weight and corresponds to the claim weight(I'm a weightweenie too)
2.Stiff(At least for me).While riding my bike(Felt 05 CA1)with this fork,the handling never disappoint me.When I need to turn,it never soften,it just there.
When last time I do a longterm travel,I meet several conditions,it just hands on.
3.great ability to absorb shock.I thinkI can feel the road I've ridden,but it never give me negative feedback-'cause it's comfortable enough.
4.price.I get a really good price,initially the price is not an advantage to be consider,but trust me,no matter how much do you pay for this fork,it's worthy.

Actually I use this fork for about 10000miles,and it stands like new.

Favorite Ride:   something hilly

Similar Products Used:   cannondale Slice
Deda Blackmagic.
Easton EC90 SLX(FLEXY...)

Bike Setup:   05 Felt CA1 with Shimano 105 groupo.

Submitted by twain a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2009

Strengths:    - Light. 297 grams uncut (without brake bolt)
- wide "shoulders" butt nicely with the Cervelo. The "line" between the fork and headtube seems seamless
- handling is fantastic
- MSRP and weight are very competitive

Weaknesses:    - none

Bottom Line:
I am test riding this fork for a review. This fork is a revelation; the handling is superb. I'm using this on a Cervelo R3 that came with an already excellent (though no longer made) True Temper Sub 3. The Ritchey fork has an amazing dampening quality; it smooths out bumps. But at the same time provides continuous feedback. You can really feel the road. There is some flex which is wonderful--you can feel the turns.
By far the best fork I've ever used.

Favorite Ride:   Old La Honda