Home | Reviews | Forks | Time

Time Club Threadless Forks

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Carbon Fiber construction. Straight-blade design.

Submitted by AlvarezMike a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2007

Strengths:    Inexpensive, sturdy, looks elegant, good responsive handling, some may consider it twitchy, but when you ride an average of 100 miles a day, it just makes you that much more precise, with a little kick to your turns.

Weaknesses:    Heavy for a "Carbon" fork light for having a steel steertube.

Bottom Line:
Wow, I didn't realize how long I had used that fork until now, 3 years. I am 130lbs and this fork is bomb proof for me. I took this on some HARSH roads/riding, and its holding up great. At 500 grams its a tank...a somewhat light tank. I recently upgraded to a sub 300 gram fork and this is going to be my track bike upgrade. I am extremely happy with the value and performance of this fork.

Purchased At:   Ebay (used)

Similar Products Used:   All aluminum racing forks 1 1/8
Easton EC90 SL 1"
Various 1" threaded steel raked forks

Bike Setup:   DA/105 Titanium Diamondback 32 spoke open pro rims to DA hubs. One sturdy/light bike!

Submitted by andrew love a Road Racer from fort collins, co, usa

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2000

Strengths:    light and absorbs road shock quite well

Weaknesses:    rather whippy when riding out of the saddle, didn't like the feel much at all, but I am a 200lb sprinter

Bottom Line:
as indicated earlier I am a big guy who uses my upper body a lot when i sprint, and I was looking for a stiff corner diving fork like the tange steel one I had on my bike before, this wasn't it. There are Carbon forks out there that have fatter blades and are more suited for that, so I replaced it with a kinesis carbon, nice fork, feels like a kestrel ems.. even looks like one. I am a fan of time products in general and really wanted to like the fork, but it wasn't great with my size and style of riding, it would probably would make a smaller person very happy though. Smooth absorption of road shock was its strong point.

Favorite Ride:   mead midweek training races

Similar Products Used:   kinesis aluminum, several tange prestige steel forks, briefly tried a kestrel EMS and replaced the time fork with a kinesis carbon

Bike Setup:   custom steel road bike from a really obscure colorado builder you never heard of, its a track bike with deraileurs basically.. full dura ace

Submitted by Jan van Es a Road Racer from the Netherlands

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2000

Strengths:    Comfortable, but stiff enough for serious road racing
Not overly expensive
Looks: plain, simple, straight
Light for a steel steerer fork

Weaknesses:    -

Bottom Line:
A very comfortable and race-worthy fork, especially given its price.

Similar Products Used:   Only steel forks plus an early Trek OCLV fork that was much too flexible, resulting in inprecise cornering.

Bike Setup:   Gazelle Demax (slooping, oversized and tapered Reynolds 531)
Dura-Ace