Home | Reviews | Forks | Time

Time Equipe Threadless Forks

Carbon fiber construction.

Submitted by LTA a Road Racer from Spokane, WA

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2001

Strengths:    Plush competitant ride

Weaknesses:    None that I can find

Bottom Line:
A well built fork that exhibits a major amount of refinement. Steel steerer is important with the 1" head diameter. Not as stiff as the Kestral and better steerer than the Look.

Favorite Ride:   Tour de' Lac

Purchased At:   Two Wheel Transit

Similar Products Used:   Kestral EMS, Look HMS-3

Bike Setup:   Nice

Submitted by Glenn Chadwick a Road Racer from San Francisco, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2000

Strengths:    Quality construction.

Weaknesses:    ??

Bottom Line:
I bent my original steel fork in a crash and decided on carbon for the replacement. What I didn't want was a superlight, noodly fork that might waver when diving into a turn or a harsh, stiff one that would ruin the Cadillac ride of the Ibis. I decided the ultimate fork would be a lighter version of the steel I was accustomed to: I didn't want to worry about the fork failing or behaving 'un-fork-like'.

The Time Equipe w/alloy steerer has so far proven a good choice. It's a little heavier than other carbon forks but much lighter than the steel one I had before. For the type of riding I do (road races on rough roads/squirrelly criteriums), I have total confidence that this fork will not fail. I gave up nothing in terms of ride characteristics - the fork tracks well through corners/sucks up the big jolts just fine - and gained some weight savings.

If you're willing to give up high-zoot visual appeal for sturdiness, this fork is for you.