Home | Reviews | Forks | Time

Time FeatherLite Pro Forks

Strong, shock-absorbing woven carbon fiber construction. Identical in design to the Equipe model, but lighter due to a full carbon steerer tube.

Submitted by sheetcollector a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Strengths:    Looks awesome. Rode like a dream until it snapped.

Weaknesses:    any scratches on the steerer can and will result in total failure of the fork.

Bottom Line:
I would have given this fork 5 stars if I had rated it 2 weeks ago. I absolutely loved this fork. I ride a Specialized M4 with Campy Record and this fork matches perfectly to the ultra stiff frame. I can't give it 5 stars because last week while riding on rough road the carbon steerer tube snapped, which resulted in a major crash. It's no fun going 25mph and then all of a sudden not having the handlebars attached to the bike. I took the broken fork to the shop where I bought the fork and they sent it back to TIME. They are in the process of contemplating whether to give me a warranty replacement or not. What the @#$%^%^$%$#!!! They are lucky I don't talk to a lawyer! If you look closely at where it snapped you can see a very light mark where there must have been a small scratch. It's very hard to get the stem on the steerer without putting any hairline marks on the tube and any resulting scratches will eventually result in total failure of the fork as in my case. If you have a fork with an alloy steerer, remove the stem and see if there are any marks on it. I guarantee that there are, and on this form any of those scratches could cause it to snap.

Similar Products Used:   I am using my Time Stiletto fork (with an alloy steerer) from my backup bike.

Bike Setup:   M4 with Campy record, Carbon Cranks, Easton EA90 bars, top of the line everything.