Cervelo SLC-SL Frames

4.4/5 (15 Reviews)

'Super Light' version of the Soloist Carbon. Weight is reduced by roughly 200g relative to the Soloist Carbon, while BB stiffness is actually increased by 5-10%

Submitted by TexasTwister a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2011

Strengths:    Climbs excellent, very fast on flats and downhills. Superlite weight

Bottom Line:
Superlite, with Carbon Record and Zipp 404 weights in at bit over 14lbs. It is almost as fast as my P3 and climbs a lot better. I do not even notice the stiffness as it is about the same as the P3. It feels much faster and fluid than my Scott CR1. It is by far the best bike I've ever ridden and probably the last I will buy.

Favorite Ride:   30 Mile Loop

Purchased At:   Competitive Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Scott CR1, Cervelo R3SL, P3, P2K

Bike Setup:   Campy Record Carbon, Zipp 606 with Powertap rear, and Zipp 404 front, Selle Italia SLS, FSA compact bars, Ritchey Carbon WCS forks, oval carbon stem, Garmin 305.

Submitted by sjmiller05 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2010

Weaknesses:    Finish could be better

Bottom Line:
This is a stiff, fast, super nimble ride. Some people are concerned about the finish. I will admit that the finish could be better, but it has nothing to do with the way this bike rides -- so it is not a major concern for me.

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Tarmac

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace, FSA, Edge 45 wheels

Submitted by dgbikes a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2010

Strengths:    Fast and fun

Weaknesses:    Breakage

Bottom Line:
I was loving it, fast, stiff, responsive, so great. Then, after 450 miles, on one of the few outside rides I was able to get in during Seattle's spring, it broke on a fast downhill - the chain stay snapped 3/4 the way around. Thank god no crash but what the...? The worst part is I'm the second owner so the warranty is null.
Someone somewhere on this website wrote, "Only buy it if you can afford to buy it again..." Should have heeded that advice.

Favorite Ride:   outside

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Allez
Trek 5200
Lynskey R430

Bike Setup:   Campy Chorus, Rol D'Huez wheels, Easton EC90 bars

Submitted by hoiminglee a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2009

Strengths:    Very light, 58cm frame with dura ace comes in at 15.5lbs total
Very stiff
Very responsive

Weaknesses:    No Chain guard near BB,
Very expensive
Sometimes too stiff, you feel everything on the road

I got chain suck recently and it got stuck between BB and the crank rings. I managed to release the chain however it made an ugly mess of the finish around the BB. Needless to say I left a very sick feeling in my stomach when I assessed the damage. Cervelo should put some sort of guard along the crank side BB area for these occurences.

Bottom Line:
Solid bike with good build quality, the finish is pretty good (not sure what fit and finish issues people are referring to in previous posts). I've got several high end bikes and I won't say the that there are any quality issues with the SLC. Very stiff, so much so that I sometimes get out of the saddle for speed bumps (not with my Seven).

Similar Products Used:   None really,
Carbon Ti Seven Odonata
Carbon Ti Titus Racer X

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace 7900
Specialized BG saddle
Zipp 404's

Submitted by antoniodelgad68 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2009

Strengths:    Power delivery, snappy, great handling stiff as hell

Weaknesses:    You will be giving up some comfort but it can be setup to be above average

Bottom Line:
I have been riding the SL with the 7801 Durace tubeless rims with Hutchinson tubeless tires, even though the frame is stiffer than my Soloist Carbon the explosion at the crank is incredible this bike flies and with these wheels the bad is a B- this setup really makes a difference because the bike is very snappy and fast as hell. Also I think that a comfortable saddle mine is a Fizik Alliante carbon rails makes a huge difference. If you want to fly and can give up a little comfort this is the way to go.TD

Favorite Ride:   The Key