Cinelli Pro Estrada Frames

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Cinelli's Pro Estrada is the Gran Fondo champion; winning more events in the past three years than any other, including the 2010 National Men's title. There does not exist another frame that better embodies the spirit of Gran Fondo riding; light, comfortable, incredibly ridable, and of the highest performance. No matter if you are trying to rip the legs of the guy behind you, or riding to your favorite coffee shop, the Pro Estrada is the perfect bike. At 860 grams(medium size), this is Cinelli's lightest frame, and can also take the claim of most comfortable as well. Even with both of these claims, the oversized headtube and steerer of the Columbus Solida fork provide incredible handling manners and accuracy.

Submitted by mark a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2013

Strengths:    Comfortable, not too stiff that it rattles you to the bone, fork is a great match with the frame, Carbon Craftsmanship impeccable. Lux look. A great Gran fondo/ road racing machine.. comfy ride!

Weaknesses:    BB compatibility a little weird...i'm a DIYer when I built it from the frame up and could not get what was supposed to be a standard BB fit to work...Had to bring it into a pro shop to figure it out. Not a fan of the Ram Seatpost...too stiff, not that light, adjustment awkward...will pair it up with a lighter post for the season. Not as twitchy and stiff as I thought it would be. I race a lot of crits and would like it to be a little stiffer and more responsive, the front end tork in sprints is a little soft...might build a crit bike and use this for road races...Paint finishing a little off

Bottom Line:
So I got a Euro version of the one pictured and is a black on black. My strengths and weakness' above pretty much spell it all out. The frame is an attention grabber on group rides even thought it has a black on black finish. You will have a lot of people say that it needs to be paired with the Ram post stem and bars but I think that it would ride a lot better with a flexier and light post, and a stiffer stem/bar combo to make up for the front end being a little soft (not that bad but if your a big powerful sprinter that races a lot of on-the-gas-brake-go type of courses...this is not the stiff race machine for you). I came from a Wilier Cento Uno and thought the ride quality was a tough better but I'm not disappointed...great frame and a great value!

Favorite Ride:   Apine Dam, from SF

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   wilier cneto uno, Giant TCR

Bike Setup:   Sram Red, Zip 303's

Submitted by Bischero a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2011

Strengths:    It is so fast compared to my last bike. I'm somewhat of a beginner, but the jump in acceleration is really noticeable. Very stiff frame, very light compared to my last bike. (860 grams frame). It sprints so easily. The straight fork is so accurate and took a bit to get used to. The paint is beautiful, the logo looks like class. I feel like I'm riding a luxury bicycle like a ferrari or porsche. The carbon really eats up the road feel, and the handlebars have saved my hands from vibrating for an hour after a long ride. I would say the Ram bars are the best change from my old deda aluminum bars. I no longer feel any numbness in my fingers after a ride. This bike makes me wanna ride, it's very inspirational.

Weaknesses:    It's too much bike for me. I feel like I should be riding more, because it's so nice. It feels so professional even though i'm just a cicloamatore. I guess this isn't a weakness. It needs better wheels to match the frame. If I put lighter wheels on this machine, it will really fly!!!

Bottom Line:
this frame embodies italian style. Since I was a kid I always loved the Cinelli logo, I had to have it based on weight and looks alone. I've been riding for two years on a Bianchi aluminum frame, shimano 105 , heavy wheels. This bike was a big jump. OK the stats:
Campagnolo chorus 11 full group
Cinelli Ram handlebars
Cinelli Ram seatpost
Fulcrum 5 wheels
Look keo carbon pedals
Selle italia slk saddle
Cinlelli Neo CK stem

Favorite Ride:   no pothloes!!!

Purchased At:   slane cycles