Colnago CT1 Frames

4.86/5 (43 Reviews)

• The front trapeze of the CT1 is in titanium alloy while the whole carriage is in carbon. Forks are in alluminium alloy with carbon stems (Colnago Flash fork 490 g) and can be interchanged.
  • Size: continuous range from 46.5 to 64 cm.
  • Models: CTF, CTB, and CTR.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by awt a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2009

Strengths:    Comfortable compared to a Alu Cannondale. Rides fast with little effort.

Weaknesses:    None at the moment

Bottom Line:
    Colnago Titanio no CT1 or biTitan but full Titanio. This is my first serious racing bike, I use it mainly in long city rides and Milano has a lot of pave. Used it on steep hills too and did not miss my older Cannondale with triple. Pure understatement in its grey matt look.

Favorite Ride:   Colnago Titanio

Purchased At:   Milano Italy

Similar Products Used:   my first racing bike

Bike Setup:   Ultegra 9

Submitted by dazzlecat a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2008

Strengths:    1 Fantastic geometry and amazing fast descending characteristics.
    2 Ride comfort level on long distances.
    3 Good characteristics for sprinting bursts

Weaknesses:    Gel coat chips to carbon fibre, but I have learned how to repair this effectively myself, and the carbon fibre itself has never been damaged. The bike is a little heavy at 20 lb but is set up with components for reliability on long distance riding such as Audax, and for availability of component rather than for racing. Shame not to use Campag' components, wheels are Ultegra hubs and Mavic open pro for serviceability

Bottom Line:
    I recently considered a change of frame to full titanium and another make (Rewell) because in my riding area the roads are full of gravel and stones, the rear carbon triangle getting badly chipped. I could not ditch the CT1 in the end, and have changed the rear cogs to 12:25. (previously 11:34) With this change the bike gained a new lease of life, as did my riding. The strengths that made me hang on are:-

Favorite Ride:   Classic European

Purchased At:   Surrey UK

Similar Products Used:   Sunn Asphalt, very scarey and unstable on fast descents but otherwise a fair bike

Bike Setup:   Shimano Ultegra throughout with triple for Alpine ascents and local 20% hills.

Submitted by jakilby a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2008

Strengths:    Great climbing frame, smooth ride, eye catcher (quality paint job)

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
    I own two other colnago C40's but the CT1 is a dream to ride. The one I have is the rare 2002 Stars and Stripes.

Favorite Ride:   Bridge To Bridge, Lenoir North Carolina 100 Miles of Hill

Purchased At:   Private Collector

Similar Products Used:   I have a 2002 C40 world champion and C40 Mapei which have a slightly stiffer and just as responsive to ride

Bike Setup:   FSA Carbon Cranks, Ceramic BB. Dura Ace Rear Derailleur with FSA Ceramic Bearings. Dura Ace Front Derailleur, FSA Brakes, Dura Ace Shifters, Zipp 404 Wheelset.

Submitted by Nearly Roadkill a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2007

Strengths:    Does everything well. Looks amazing.

Weaknesses:    None that I can find.

Bottom Line:
    I love it!!!!! Great on the flats, great on climbs, great descending, and incredible to look at. Not the lightest, but then I'm 200 lbs. It's everything I thought it would be. I used to have some upper back pain after riding 75 or so. Now, the only thing that ever hurts is my legs, and the only way to fix that is to ride with a slower group.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere without wind

Purchased At:   Great deal on e-bay

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Epic road

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace 9 spd., Shimano compact crank, DT Swiss wheels.

Submitted by pcd993 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2006

Strengths:    Build quality is very good. The ride quality on English back roads is second to none. The Force fork is perfect - very stable. Geometry is unique, and fantastic on descents.

Weaknesses:    Splitting hairs perhaps, but lacking a bit of raciness.

Bottom Line:
    A really enjoyable ride. Very comfortable, entertaining on the descents, not too bad going uphill either.
    Perhaps lacks the "snap" of acceleration I get with my Look 585 on steeper climbs, not that it is flexy - it just does not quite have the same degree of instant response. Adequately light.

Favorite Ride:   Anything on a sunny day

Purchased At:   Dauphin Cycles, Surr

Similar Products Used:   Look 585. Specialized Tarmac S-works. Roberts 531 steel. Ribble Scandium.

Bike Setup:   Dura ace, Campag Eurus Wheels, ITM millenium finishing kit.

How much difference between CT1 and C40?

Hi, I picked up a used CT1 last fall locally and have been enjoying it very much. There is a C40 currently on Ebay that would probably give me a better fit. Would I feel much difference in comfort/performance between the 2 bikes? Also, a little nervous about buying a used CF bike.... Than ... Read More »

CT1 & Tecnos Geometry differences

Hello. I've tried googling for a geometry chart for a CT1 without success, so will ask on here. My Tecnos is a 56 c-t (55 c-c) with 55 top tube. My CT1 is 58 C-T (55 c-c) with 55 (maybe 55.5) top tube. Saddle heights are the same, but on the CT1 the saddle is right forward, yet has the saddle po ... Read More »

CT1 geometry chart

Does anybody know where on the web I could fing a geometry chart for an older Colnago? I'm trying to sell a circa 2000 model and somebody is asking me for the precise geometry of the bike. Thank you.Read More »

Colnago CT1 Sizing Chart

could somebody give me Colnago CT1 sizing chart, thks a lot by advanceRead More »

Colnago CT1 prob

I got some problems with my CT1, I don't know if these probs are only cosmetics or more severe, any help will be appreciated :) you will get the pict there: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/28334529@N00/3183693961/sizes/o/[/url] apologies for my awful englishRead More »