Colnago CT2 HP Frames

• Carbon fiber B-Stay rear triangle
  • High-Power Chainstays
  • Double overlap of materials at the bottom bracket
  • HP B-Stay rear triangle maximizes resistance to torsional flex and increases power transmission

Submitted by mody a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2008

Strengths:    typical colnago.premium response in sprints,utmost excellence in both ascents and descents.very attractive and elegant color.

Weaknesses:    paints around the seat tube/downtube holes(4) where we place the cage bolts are wornout.otherwise, no significant weakness that i observe.

Bottom Line:
ble in descents.shock obsorbing guality is great with the carbon highpower and b stay rear triangle.for long trips,say 4 hrs on the road:its reliable and responsive,not tiresome.after 4 years use:I notice that the titanium/carbon joints both in the bottom bracket and in the seat tube/chainstay are still strong and intact.these is after 5 minor bike falls.

Favorite Ride:   weekend roadbiker

Purchased At:   manila ,PHILIPPINES

Similar Products Used:   I have a master olympic steel chr.moly colnago before, more stable than my ct2 but very heavy and not as responsive.

Bike Setup:   colnago ct2 (04 model)size 57.color nl12.mavic ksyrium sl(06).duraace groupset.7800.chainring:50x38 duraace/ct2 stronglight respectively.deda einstein stem/supernatural bars.flight deck cyclometer,u.s.e.ti skewers,selle italia flow kit carbonio saddle,keo ti/carbon pedals,mich.pro2 tires/r air panaracer inner tube,chain 7801 series,elite c arbon cage,srp titanium bolts and nuts

Submitted by glen a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2008

Strengths:    Stiff and climbs great. Energy really goes to the wheels. Forgiving when it need to be. Workmanship, paint and wielding are perfect. Makes me want to ride it! Ti and carbon are wonderful materials together.

Weaknesses:    People tell me I shouldn't be riding it because its rare and worth a lot of money (but that will not stop me)...I bought it to ride!

Bottom Line:
My favorite bike. Bought on ebay in 2006 and it came with campy chours 10 speed but I put dura ace on it recently (my thumbs can't handle the shifters anymore). Beautiful paint job. Fit is perfect for me 62cm 120 stem areo bars...I'm 6'3' with 34 inseam. I look forward to riding it every chance I get ( never in the rain)...its a wonderful mix of meterial. Ti with carbon B seat stays and Colnago carbon fork. The bike just wants to keep on going. I can seem to ride it forever. My next bike is going to be a Colnago C50.

Favorite Ride:   colnago CT2

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   specialized, cannondale, kestrel and very early colnago...all materials...all components

Bike Setup:   62cm frame that came with chorus but I switched to dura ace because of issues with my thumbs and using the campy shifters. Mavic es wheels, easton seat post and areo bars.

Submitted by rbpasion a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2004

Strengths:    Very light, and very very responsive. Allows me to ride one gear higher on hills and on the flats.

Weaknesses:    ABSOLUTELY None!

Bottom Line:
Just built up my 04 Colnago CT2 HP with full 04 Record. I have just logged in about 500 Km on this bike after 2 weeks. I was told about the different feel of titanium after riding 7005 Aluminum and Steel for years. I cannot believe the difference. 6/4 Titanium is definitely light, very stiff, yet comfortable. This bike really wants to go fast. Our Wednesday night club rides consist of 40 Km of fast, tempo riding. I can ride one gear higher than usual and I can only attribute this to the frame's stiffness and not my legs. Road vibrations are definitely muffled and I have less soreness as compared to my aluminum set up. The B-Stay and HP technology probably makes a difference, but the looks certainly get attention. I am still tweaking bike positioning, but so far, my set up is very similar to my sloping frame set up, although the CT2 is a conventional frame (non-sloping).

Favorite Ride:   Colnago CT2 HP

Purchased At:   La Bicicletta

Bike Setup:   2004 Campagnolo Carbon Record, Colnago Star 1 1/8" headset non-integrated, Deda Newton OD Bar Stem 44 c-c, Campy Record Carbon Post, Selle Italia SLK Gel Flow, Keywin CRM Pedals, Ritchey OCR Rims 28 Spoke laced 3x with Record Hubs, Michelin Pro Race Black Tires.

Submitted by CDanRun a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2004

Strengths:    The ride is comfortable, not sure if that is mostly due to the wheels and tires, but it works. Stiff enough in the BB for me. No flexing while climbing or sprinting. Handles superb. Tracks well and corners well. Smooth ride. Looks great too.

Weaknesses:    Minor points really: A small fly found it's way into my clear coat on the TopTube. Colnago name appears 13 times. 7 would have been plenty.

Bottom Line:
Ordered the CT2 in PR10 from Maestro. Worth the wait. Ridden 500 miles. Maestro put me on a 56ct. I thought it would be small given that I'm 5'11. But the fit is great. Waited 4 months, but during a Chicago winter, so worth it. Love the bike. I was on a Trek X01, so I don't have much to compare it to. It rides great, and I expected it to.

Favorite Ride:   Sheridan Road

Purchased At:   Maestro

Similar Products Used:   None really. I'm coming from a Trek X01. Test rode Litespeed Vortex, Palmares, Ultimate. Chose this.

Bike Setup:   CT2 HP.ForceFork. KingHS. Thomson SP and Stem. F Arione Saddle. FSA BB, Comp. Crank. Chorus Shifters Brakes Der's. SRAM Cass 11-21 and Chain. Cosmos wheels. Carbones for Racing

Ct2 Hp

OK, so I've always lusted after the CT1 in RX1 but I don't think I'll ever find one. I'm now thinking seriously about this CT2. The frame comes with a carbon/alloy Street fork. So what about the build? I'd love some suggestions but this is what I'm thinking at the moment... Chorus 10 with Ti se ... Read More »

2005 Colnago CT2 HP vs. C50

I am looking at the 2005 Colnago CT2 HP with a sloping top tube. It has a titanium triangle made out of 6A1/4V and a carbon rear triangle. I am really leaning toward this frame, but want some opinions on it versus a 2005 C50. Right now, most of my riding is done for fitness, but my average mph on ... Read More »

"columbus" on pro's forks: ob CT2 HP pics

maybe a silly question, but what's up with the "columbus" name on the pro's colnago forks? These guys are riding C50s with star forks (not the cross riders) and I'm under the impression that columbus has nothing to do with these materials. What's up? ob Colnago pictures of my new CT2 HP: 57cm, ... Read More »

C40 vs CT2 vs Dream HP??!!

Hi Everyone.I'm in the fortunate position of being able to afford another colnago.I have a c40 hp and want to get a colnago that rides differently.I've been thinking of a CT2 or perhaps a Dream but I'm more inclined to go with titanium than alu.Has anyone got any suggestions and how will the ride di ... Read More »