Home | Reviews | Frames | Cyfac

Cyfac Absolu Frames

Cyfac’s venerable ABSOLU frameset is now available in standard sizes. Featuring the same industry-leading 1K carbon fibre and handmade quality, the new standard ABSOLU comes with an uncut seatmast for precise set-up. The innovative seat collar allows for three saddle positions based on the placement of the saddle clamp. Fine tune your desired effective seat angle to get a precise set-up: the saddle can be placed farther behind the bottom bracket, in a neutral position, or far forward depending on your exact needs.

Submitted by ArtisanDan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2011

Strengths:    - Handmade in France
- Stability & tracking through corners
- Ability to get a custom fit & choose paint
- Stiff yet comfortable
- Looks awesome in matte carbon + red + blue

Weaknesses:    - Price (but you get what you pay for)
- Not a weakness but it took 2 months to arrive which isn't too bad but i wanted it straight away

Bottom Line:
I've just come from a Parlee Z5 to a custom geometry Absolu (I have long legs and short torso) and I had some doubts. The Parlee never fit properly but I don't have too much bad to say about it. I transfered every part over and once I'd ridden the Absolu for 100m I knew my concerns were wrong. I've now raced and done some varying rides and it exceeds expectations. This may be due to custom fit but it corners far better than the Parlee, sprints better and feels much smoother over bigger bumps. I thought the Parlee was smooth until I rode this. Bottom line, the custom paint and fit sold me intially but know I'm sure I've made the right decision.

Favorite Ride:   Lorne Loop