Home | Reviews | Frames | Cyfac

Cyfac Proxidium Aluminum Frames

CYFAC's PROXIDIUM is built from a proprietary 7005 series aluminum. After a special T6 heat treatment, this frame is strong, stiff, and ready to blast over the competition. Complete with Cyfac's own carbon fork. Frame/Fork 1750 grams.

Submitted by Gareth a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2011

Strengths:    Steering, Comfort, Build quality.

Bottom Line:
Best Aluminum frame i have riden and i have tried plenty.

Favorite Ride:   Cyfac Proxidium

Purchased At:   ibike

Bike Setup:   Campagnolo record, Rotor cranks, Neutron wheels, Thomson seat post/stem, Easton carbon bars.

Submitted by bighorseshoe a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2004

Strengths:    Light, climbing, cornering.

Finish work.

Ease of assembly.

Service and support from VeloEuropa.

Weaknesses:    No free upgrade to the Nerv Carbon!

Bottom Line:
After riding a slew of high-end euro and US-made aluminum bikes, I expected a similar ride. In 2000-2001 I was on a Derosa Planet, from 2002-2003 I rode a Trek 2300. I was surprised that this rig is quite a big step up from both of them.

The first impression that I got from this bike is that the workmanship and materials are far, far above other similar frames. The Derosa was nicely made, but the BB shell needed work to get the install to go smoothly. The Trek had some filings that needed to be cleaned up. Not something you expect to see on a high-end rig. Once I got the frame out of the box, I knew this would be a better experience.

The Cyfac was ready to build right out of the box. I've built all my bikes up and the parts almost put themselves on this frame because of the detailed finish and prep work already done for you at the factory. The welds are all filed to be completely smooth and the paint is as good as it comes. Very durable, too, since I have yet to find a chip anywhere after riding on plenty of dirt roads.

The best part of the bike is the ride, which is where the real judgement comes in. Fast in the crits, climbs like a champ -- much stiffer than the Trek on the hills -- but the fork smooths out the ride. No back problems on the 128 mile 6 Gap epic ride in VT!

If I had a few extra bucks I would have sprung for the Prox. Carbon, but I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the ride of this rig was. The best part of the selection and sales process was dealing with VeloEuropa. They patiently listened to all my fitting details and responded well to all of my inane questions about head tube length and seat angles. Service and support have been second to none.

Favorite Ride:   6 Gap Ride in Vermont

Similar Products Used:   Trek 2300, Derosa Planet

Bike Setup:   Campagnolo Record 10, ITM Millenium, Flite Gel, Maxxis+Michelin tires, Shamals and 32H training wheels.

Submitted by jhanson a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2004

Strengths:    -Light
-awesome paintjob
-Stiff enough for sprinting and attacks but comfortable enough for any century

Weaknesses:    -nothing

Bottom Line:
Ive only had this frame for a couple months but it has already made a large impact in my riding and enjoyment. the frame is the best descender Ive ever ridden and tops the specialized S works in cornering, something I thought no bike would ever do. The Cyfac shines when the speed rises, but its climbing ability, both in and out of the saddle is also excellent. All in all the frame is an awesome ride in every application, and it looks damn good too!

Purchased At:   veloeuropa.com

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn Fastback
cannondale caad 5
specialized S-works

Bike Setup:   Campy Chorus 10 speed - Ksyriums with Maxxis tires - ITM stem and Handlebars - Thomson seatpost and Fizik Saddle - speedplay pedals - FSA integrated headset

Submitted by jbruno a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2004

Strengths:    Super light.
Responsive.
Stiff, where you need it and very comfortable

Weaknesses:    so nice

Bottom Line:
I have ridden many bikes in my career and had always been a "steel is real" type of guy. I rode my first aluminium bike 3 years ago (a Cannondale.) It was a nice bike and light but the geometry didn't suit me and it wasn't the most comfortable ride out there. When I got my Cyfac this spring it was the best of all worlds: I got a super light bike that had the proper geometry and was comfortable and responsive. This bike rocks. If you want a true road racing machine and don't want to give up comfort this is the bike. And it is pretty cool visualy to boot.

Favorite Ride:   Cyfac proxidium