Fondriest Carbon Magister Frames

Carbon Frame

Submitted by jrobart a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2007

Strengths:    Responsiveness, fit and comfort. Great to know that I'm not riding the same bike that every other cyclist on the road rides.

Bottom Line:
This is the best frame I have ever ridden.

After several years of riding Trek 5200s and continually tinkering with them to get the fit and feel right, I went into a new LBS intent on buying a new stem and bars. Well after the most comprehensive fitting that I have ever had, followed by an hour or so discussion with the shop owner as to what frame would be most appropriate for the type of riding that I do and my body dimensions (longer legs and shorter torso), I settled on two final candidates, Look and Fondriest (Colnago was another option but the price tag was a bit too steep). Well, the test ride on the Fondriest Carbon Magister immediately sealed the deal!

The bike is incredibly responsive and yet is the most comfortable bike that I have ever owned. It is efficient, quiet, and absorbs bumps in the road without the “wooden” feel that both of my Treks had.

I've had the frame for just over a year now and am even more convinced that this was the right frame for me. I've done everything from local club rides, centuries, the Mount Washington Hill Climb Race and a week in the Colorado Rockies. The bike has performed equally well in all of these conditions.

The one thing that doesn't feel quite right is that I have a DA gruppo on this Italian beauty. It's screaming for Campy Record...maybe next year.