Fondriest M. di Campiglio Frames

Fondriest M. di Campiglio

Frame: Dedacciai 7003 HT

Submitted by Gary Leeman a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2009

Strengths:    Comfortable, light, fast, great looking, super paint.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I originally looked at the frame because of the name Madonna Di Campiglio. Then I fell in love with the pictures, and bought it in 2004. I have ridden the Madonna for 15500 miles and it is my favourite bike of all time. What a perfect ride!

Favorite Ride:   Catoctin Mountains MD

Purchased At:   Fondriest on Line

Bike Setup:   Ultegra Kit, Mavic Helium wheels, USE alien seatpost, Flite Gel Flow saddle, ITM Bars & Stem.

Submitted by Larry Mautone a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2006

Strengths:    Very straight tracking, very stiff at bottom bracket. Climbs & accelerates great.Smooth ride from the Dedaccai 7003 tubes.The frame sold for around 1395. This is the BEST 360 I will EVER SPEND.

Weaknesses:    Can not think of a thing! If you can find one of these Framesets,you better grab it,since
Fondriest as left the US. What a shame, they
make High quality frames!

Bottom Line:
Wow,I got this frameset& it had 500 miles & it looks brand new. As a past owner of a Status carb&Carb level,I like this the best! It maybe 5-6 ounces heavier than he Carb level, but I do not care it so much stiffer at the bb, this bike keeps going forward! IT is a XXL & with Durace - weights 17lbs 5 ons. This framest surprised me- it is a 2003 model- if you can find one GRAB IT!

Favorite Ride:   Keerville Easter Ride

Purchased At:   Used on Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Merckx Team Sc, Fondriest Carb Level & Status Carb. Wilier Lavaredo (Altec 2 tubes)-Sweat Ride,Serotta , Original Merlin , Kestrel, Tesch,Ritchey Logic.I've had. I'm 52 years old ,riding for over 30
years. Ex- Cat 3 rider!

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace 9-spd - 10 Dura Ace Cranks
Ksyrium SL wheelset (The Best)
ITM Wing bars & SuperOver Stem
Fizik Alliante saddle
FSA all Carbon seatpot
SpeedPlay Pedals

Submitted by rayboz a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2003

Strengths:    Stiff yet soaks up vibrations well
Lightweight, sweet paint job
It's a Fondriest!

Weaknesses:    None - seriously

Bottom Line:
After reading up on several different frames, I decided the Madonna was my next bike. The fact that there was a huge sale on them sealed the deal. I have been riding a full carbon frame for nearly 8 years and wanted a change. This frame/fork is a great ride! I know that Aluminum is not supposed to be as stiff as carbon but this frame does not flex. The carbon front and rear soaks up vibrations really well. i've had back surgery and was worried about comfort - not an issue with the Fondriest. the frame looks fantastic as well - beautiful paint job. the domina drive headset is a nice feature. Frame is not quite as superlight as U models but being 6 ft and 185lbs, i wanted a solid ride. It climbs well- no flex. Stable steering and corners with confidence. Only negative (minor one) is the seatpost clamp - the bolt strips easily and is not a universal size. Other than that, I am extremely happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Ride:   3 Gap - Helen, GA

Purchased At:   Fondriest Direct

Similar Products Used:   Aegis
Cannondale 2.8

Bike Setup:   Mix of Record and Chorus gruppo
Mavic CXP33 wheels

Submitted by dsgnwrks a Road Racer from Mason, OH

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2003

Strengths:    Solid ride, stiff bottom bracket, carbons stays do their job and limit harsh road conditions, excellent fork/headset included

Weaknesses:    Not as light as other aluminum frames

Bottom Line:
Excellent frame set. Supple ride, yet very stiff where you need it to be. The fork/headset combination included with the frame is very solid and excellent looking as well. This is one of the best aluminum frames I have ridden.

Favorite Ride:   Indian Hills

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale CAAD3, Cannondale CAAD4, Lemond Maillot Jaune (Aeroluminum), Bianchi XL EV2, Fondriest Megalu

Bike Setup:   Ksyrium Elite wheels, Shimano Dura Ace

Submitted by yashcha a Road Racer from Charlottesville,VA,USA

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2003

Strengths:    Very comfortable ride. Not superlight so no qualms about training on it every day, riding it on rough pavement and the occasional cobbles. Beautiful paint but not flashy which I like. Also, the customer service there is quite pleasant.

Weaknesses:    Paint not as strong as powdercoat, and not sure whether or not the epoxy that holds the seatstay and the frame together will hold for years to come. Can aluminum frames be repainted?

Bottom Line:
I have been riding this bike all through the winter in some of the crappiest weather possible down here in VA and also in Boston, through slush, potholes and what have you, so I can't wait to test it on some nice dry smooth roads! I am constantly amazed at how well this bike rides. Many say that the carbon seatstay is a gimmick and that proper tube manipulation is just as comfortable, but the Orbea Zonal and CAAD4 had crazy amounts of bending and shaping of the tubes, but just not as comfortable as my Fondriest. I especially like the fact that it looks like an integrated headset design, which I like, without it being the integrated design. What I mean is that any headset can be used for the frame, which is good for longevity, but the headset that comes with the frame makes the whole unit look seamless! Also the Mizuno Fork that comes with this frame is incredible. I was a bit worried that it had a carbon steerer tube, but the thing is seriously solid, and the fork, in my opinion, is way better than ouzo comp or any other fork I have had. Smooth, and much more forgiving going over potholes waiting for the unsuspecting cyclist. Fondriest recently became a direct dealer and the prices have droppped dramatically and I was upset for a while that I bought mine at full price, but every time I ride it, I forget about the price and just enjoy the nice ride. I hope to get myself a nice set of American Classic 420 wheels or Mavic Carbone in the future. I like Fondriest bikes so much, I ended up getting a Fondriest cross frameset as well.

Favorite Ride:   Monticello route

Purchased At:   ATA cycle

Similar Products Used:   Giant TCR, Orbea Zonal, C'dale CAAD 4, Colnago crystal, Ritchey logic, KHS aero turbo, Bianchi Trofeo, Giant CFr, Bridgestone RB2, Strong racing, Abici, SOma...

Bike Setup:   Full Dura Ace, Aliante saddle, Ritchey stem and bar, Chorus ti Post, Ksyrium Wheels.