Fort Frames Ro.SLC-R Frames

• Two bottle mounts
  • Head tube cable stops on sizes
  • English 68mm BB
  • 31.8 front derailleur adaptor band
  • Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
  • Integrated headset
  • Seat post 27.2 mm (use 350mm min

Submitted by Dfolsom a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2007

Strengths:    Rigid, but comfortable (love the carbon fork and stays). Great value. Beautiful to look at.

Bottom Line:
I have nothing but good things to say about the SLC-R (2005 version)frame and Chorus build kit I purchased from Fort USA. The frame is beautifully finished and a pleasure to ride. I absolutely agree with all of the positive comments from the previous posters. I will also say that you will be hard pressed to find a better value in a frame or build kit. I looked around (l.b.s. and internet), and I could not find a better deal. However, what was most amazing to me was the buying experience. The level of attention and service I received from Gregg at Fort USA was simply amazing! He answered every one of my many questions in great detail (it was an educational experience). He recommended everything from proper crank length to the best looking handlebar tape. I chose to build up the bike myself, but whenever I ran into an issue or question, Gregg was always an e-mail away. When I discovered that Campy no longer included cable guides with their kits, Gregg sent me a nice set of Dura-Ace guides, no cost to me. When I told him the stem seemed long, he consulted with me, reviewed pictures of my bike and ultimately express shipped a new stem. If you deal with Fort USA, there is absolutely no reason to be concerned about purchasing a frame/bike over the internet. I would definitely purchase from Fort USA again

Purchased At:   Fort USA

Similar Products Used:   1970's vintage Raleigh Competition (a work of art), 1980's vintage Specialized Allez, early Trek carbon/aluminum (very creaky and flexi)

Bike Setup:   Chorus drivetrain, White Industries hubs, Ritchey stem & post, Deda bars, Fitzik Arione saddle

Submitted by free_rideman a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2006

Strengths:    -everything!
-customer service, Gregg is so helpful!

Weaknesses:    -honestly none so far
-can't comment yet on durability, but I think it should last a long time.

Bottom Line:
I have been riding it for a while, and it is just an amazing frame. I purchased it with an FSA Orbit CF intergrated headset, and the Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork. The frame I have is actually the SLC-I model, with the Italian carbon stays, as opposed to the old reynolds stays that came with the frame. When riding this bike, all road vibrations disappear, and the actual geometry makes the bike even more comfortable. Very "flickable". Also, I love the attention to detail on the frame, and the paint job is very durable. Would definitely buy again!

Favorite Ride:   any ride

Purchased At:   Fort USA

Similar Products Used:   Trek 1200, couple other bikes

Bike Setup:   chorus 10 speed shifters, jtek shiftmate, Dura Ace RD, Sram drivetrain, FSA Gossammer Compact MegaExo, Dura Ace pedals, thomson stem/post

Submitted by efraer a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2004

Strengths:    Stiff, light, comfortable, and affordable.
Great customer service.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
This frame is excellent! The multi-shaped 7005 aluminum tubeset, Reynolds carbon seat stays, compact geometry, and Reynolds Uzo Pro carbon fork combine for a bike that is laterally stiff, light enough to be a great race bike, and comfortable enough for all-day epic rides. The build quality is superb and the powder-coat paint is super durable. The Fort SLC-R can eaily compare with frames costing much, much more. Additionallly, the customer service from Gregg at Fort USA is excellent.

Favorite Ride:   The last 500 meters of a crit.

Purchased At:   Fort USA (fortframes

Similar Products Used:   Time VX Special Pro
Colnago VIP
Felt F4R
Bianchi Mega-Tube Ti
LeMond Zurich

Bike Setup:   Dura-Ace 9 speed, FSA cranks, Rolf Vector Pro wheels.

Submitted by itsacarr a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2004

Strengths:    A very tight\responsive ride

Weaknesses:    N/A

Bottom Line:
Very responsive and torsionally stiff compared to previously owned ride. For the amount of fast descents, punchy climbs, and tight corners here in New England this bike leaves me feeling solid and confident. I also found the company to be very friendly and quick to lend help.

Purchased At:   www.fortframes.com