Griffen Kompresser Frames

• Lightness combined with stiffness and agility
  • Best Criterium and road-racing bike

Submitted by JRunner a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2010

Strengths:    Stiff, responsive and light. Great paint job!

Weaknesses:    Absolutely None

Bottom Line:
Went from a classic steel road bike to the Griffen Kompressor. This bike is quick, responsive, stiff, and the damping others claim is legit. I put the bike together on July 4th (red, white and blue frame) and have over 1500 miles.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Colnago, Griffen Vulcan

Bike Setup:   FSA cockpit, Ultegra, Fulcrum Racing 3

Submitted by fheeckman a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2007

Strengths:    stiff, responsive, fast, light, very comfortable ride.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I bid on this Vulcan frame at a charity event and won. I built it up and rode it in several triathlons.

Absolutely top quality frame and fork. Very stiff and fast. One of the best bikes I have ever ridden.

Favorite Ride:   mount diablo

Purchased At:   charity event

Similar Products Used:   trek carbon, specialized

Bike Setup:   Record throughout. Renn disk and Hed3 trispoke in front. Easton aerobars.

Submitted by Joey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2004

Strengths:    Smooth, Stiff and resposive all in one package.

Weaknesses:    People keep staring.

Bottom Line:
I won this frame at a local triathlon. I was not sure about coming off my Carbon TREK 5200 to go to what I believed was an expensive aluminum. Man was I wrong!!! After switching the parts and adding some upgrades I was amazed at how smooth this bike road. Responsive is not accurate psychic is a better word. I will never be able to go back to traditional materials. I got mine in Ferrari red. The police registration reads COLOR: red !!!! I'd give it a value rating of 5 even if I had paid for it; Thanks to Tony at Griffen and Terry at Tri Running (www.strengthandendurance.com) .

Favorite Ride:   Back Roads near home all by my lonsome.

Purchased At:   Tri Running, Lafayet

Similar Products Used:   Giant OCR, Trek 5200, Trek mountain bikes

Bike Setup:   Griffen with Bontrager Race Lite wheels, Full Ultegra, FSA and Bontrager cockpit and speedplay zero peds.

Submitted by mattykspecialsauce a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2004

Strengths:    Stiff like the 04 Spec Sworks Aluminum bike I had yet ride with the smoothness of Carbon and very responsive and stable at speeds over 45 mph. Cool fade pain jobs too.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
The griffen kompressor is the by far the most reponsive, stiff, and comfortable road bike that I have ridden. First ride out the bike took off my average speed increased and it is so stiff. But It also ride just like a full carbon, you dont get that jarring jackhammer feeling of a normal aluminum bike with Griffen and its Boron Carbide Aluminum Metal Matrix. There 3 kompressor frames. one has full aero tubing, one has just an sero down tube and the one i have is just traditional round tubes.

Favorite Ride:   Figuero Mtn, Los Olivos, CA