Gunnar Street Dog Frames

Our new Street Dog shares the same fast and nimble geometry as the Roadie, but with horizontal, track style dropouts and 120mm rear spacing for single speed hubs. The new design places the rider in an aggressive road position, and is compensated for the use of threadless stems. Waterford exclusive butted tube sets, featuring True Temper OX Platinum and Reynolds 853 air-hardening steel alloys, custom drawn to our rigorous specs. New asymmetrical D section chainstays provide rigidity along with generous chainring and tire clearance. Tubeset specifications vary by frame size to offer riders of all sizes the strength and stiffness they need.

Submitted by Ricardo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2009

Strengths:    The whole frame is very light, agile.

Weaknesses:    None I can think of. Paint can chip easily, but simple to touch up with auto paint touch up brush from Pep Boys.

Bottom Line:
Road Dog, black frame, built up with Salsa drop bars, Tecktro front & real brakes, Sugino front cranks and chain ring, Shimano bb and rear single speed flip-flop hub. I alway use the freewheel side--I'm a wuss when it comes to riding a fixie.

Favorite Ride:   Gunnar Road Dog

Purchased At:   Bike Haven, Fair Hav

Bike Setup:   My bike shop had this one on the shelf for couple of years. Nobody out here in central NJ knows what to do with a track -- lbs owner told me I was the first to even look at it. Gave me a great deal to clear it out.