Klein Bicycle Corporation Aura Frames

Klein's Aura frame features Gradient ZR9000 aluminum tubing mated to carbon-fiber seatstays for a sweet blend of efficiency and comfort. It comes with Bontrager's Race Lite fork, which offers potent handling, a smooth ride and flex-free braking.

Submitted by bigsprinter a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2004

Strengths:    **Light and laterally STIFF
**reasonably compliant for a compact aluminum frame
**long top tube and compact geometry improved fit for me and reduced drop from saddle to stem

**Bontrager parts, while not glamorous, are light, stiff and durable. Stem length, bar width and crank length all seem well sized.

**internal cables look nice and make it easy to clean the frame

**Lower bottom bracket and steep head angle make this bike really carve the corners.

**Beautiful Klein finish (Blue Linear)

Factoring in the beautiful paint, internal cables and the solid Klein frame this bike is a pretty good value relative to other brands, and it's also $500 less than the comparable Quantum from Klein.

Weaknesses:    **steering could be considered too quick, even twitchy for a newer rider

**Internal cables will be a pain to replace when the time comes

**"micro" dropouts are light but you always get grease on your fingers when changing out the rear wheel.
**Klein downgraded the cassette, chain and BB to 105. Not a biggie, I'll upgrade the chain and cassette when they wear out, but would like the Ultegra BB.

Bottom Line:
Bought mine as a complete bike with Ultegra (Aura XV). First new bike in 5 years, and first Klein.

Chose the Aura over the Quantum because I"m long in the torso and got a better fit from the compact geometry. Oh, and it was $500 less than the comparable Quantum and almost as light.

Light, stiff, quick handling ride ideal for bigger riders and sprinters

Favorite Ride:   anything flat

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   The Bike Station, La

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale CAAD4

Bike Setup:   Full Ultegra except where Klein downgraded the cassette, chain and BB.

Bontrager Race/Race light parts kit.

Flite saddle only change from stock.

3T Design Recalls Cervélo Bicycles with Aura Pro Handlebars Due to Risk of Injury

[IMG]http://www.cpsc.gov/Global/Images/Recall/2013/13181/LARGE_AURA%20PRO%20handlebars.jpg[/IMG] Details on the recall can be found on the [URL="http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/3T-Design-Recalls-Cervelo-Bicycles-with-Aura-Pro-Handlebars/#Remedy"]Consumer Product Safety Commission website[/URL]. ... Read More »

Bontrager Aura 5 - for Madone 5.2

I just upgraded to Madone 5.2 and looking to upgrade my wheels. Anybody have experience with these wheels - good or bad, any other you would recommend. I ride about 120 miles a week, during the season and 60 miles once a week in the colder months. i plan on doing couple of 100 mile rid ... Read More »

Bontrager Aura 5

Does anyone have any feedback on this wheelset? They're fairly new and I haven't been able to find a whole lot of feedback on the internet. Searched RBR forums and there wasn't much either. I have the opportunity to get a set for $920 from my LBS. My concern is that I weigh in at 185-190 and don' ... Read More »

Fuji Rouboux pro vs. Klein Aura XV

Looking at purchasing my first road bike for commuting and light tri use. I'd like something that I can use for transportation but would be casually competitive on a tri. Both of these are for sale in something that fits me and both are from individuals I personally know. I know the Klein is pos ... Read More »

whats it worth? Klein Aura V

I have a Klein Aura V i want to sell. I've seen the Klein Reve in the classified for as much as $2200. My Aura has a 105/ tiagra mix with about 3K miles. its all original, and in fine shape. i was thinking around 800?Read More »