Home | Reviews | Frames | Look

Look 565 Frames

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Very High Modulus
Tubes made of VHM carbon fiber material which gives an ultra light frame while retaining optimum efficiency.
LOOK patented Integrated Headset
LOOK patented headset kit : the LOOK patent is on the removable cups in the head set kit. Compatible with all head set standard kits on the market: (36° and 45° Sealed Bearings).
Evolusize
Evolutionary sloping optimizes the geometry of every single frame size. The angles of the seat tube and head tube are different for every sizes. Every frame has a unique geometry that fits all riders from XS size (49) to 0 for the XL size (57).
Double Curves Dynamic
Double Curve carbon wishbone: twice curved, the Double Curve wishbone gives maximum lateral rigidity while retaining vertical flexibility and considerable comfort.
HSC 5 SL Fork
New HSC5 SL fork : 295 grams. 100% single-piece carbon .
Oriented Rigidity
The 565 tubes have an oriented stiffness to increase efficiency and maintain comfort. The internal reinforcements in the structure of the tube give an increase of 25% in lateral stiffness.

Submitted by Amfoto1 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2010

Strengths:    Superb finish. Light weight, but not crazy light. Comfortable, carbon frame & fork absorb a lot of road vibration.

Weaknesses:    A little heavier than some of the more expensive models. Carbon can be a little fragile, so need to take some care with it... both when building and working on it, or out riding.

Bottom Line:
Just recently purchased this bike (used... it's a 2007 model) and am reporting first impressions here. Price was for frame/fork, group lacking cassette/chain, no wheels, no seat/post, no pedals. I've used parts I had or purchase others to complete, and changed out handlebars/stem to better fit me.

Fit and finish of any Look bike is top quality. This model has the very high modulus carbon, which has a much larger weave than most carbon bikes and the model I bought (Black, with silver/red outline logos) is mostly clear coated, so shows off the weave beautifully. I also like that the logos are fewer and a bit more subtle than on some other Looks.

The ride is sweet. The geometry is aggressive, but not overly so. I'm riding recreationally mostly, but I think this would be a great entry level racer, too.

Like most Look road models, this will remain a skinny-tired bike. The fork/frame don't allow room for oversizing tires, or other mods for cross or urban bike conversions. That's fine by me!

I recently saw another, more complete (Mavic wheels and more) used 565 sell for just a little more than I paid. These are great prices for a top quality bike... Probably a better value than the hero models that still try to command higher prices.

Favorite Ride:   Any with a tail wind

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Look 555. Look 586 (under construction). A wide variety of road bikes over the past 40 years: steel, alu, but not yet any Ti!

Bike Setup:   2007 M (53cm) frame, HSC5 fork, "Black". Ultegra 6600S group, compact 2x10 (well, mostly... Sram 1090R chain, 1070 11-25 cassette... also added a ceramic BB & RD jockey wheels). Rolf Prima Elan clinchers w/Specialized Mondo S-Works tires. Look EDH bars, Token 110mm alloy stem. San Marco Girardi Ti seat (classic!) on Look Ergopost 2. Shimano 6502 wireless computer. Shimano A520 pedals.

Other bikes currently: Look 555 "nude carbon", Look 586 (under construction), Yokota Yosemite w/Deore LX, Trek 7200 w/mixed, cheap Shimano/Sram.

Submitted by Doug a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2010

Strengths:    Light (except stock Fulcrum 7') Relatively quick,stable handling yet comfortable for long rides and eases neck pain.

Weaknesses:    Stock seat and Fulcrum 7's

Bottom Line:
Now that I have 4k miles on this bike I feel able to give a decent review. Bike is stock except traded out saddle and the heavy,sluggish Fulcrum 7's for Easton Circuits for much better ride and handling(thus 4/5 overall). Once I dialed in the fit and got used to the slightly more upright position, I (and my neck!)really appreciated this bike.
Overall light and responsive for the geometry making for very good climbing,sprinting and descending, though not as tight as race geometry frames(duh!)But more so than my Spec Roubaix Comp w DA/Open pro wheelset. Was lusting for the Cervelo RS but for~$1k less and full Ultegra (except wheels) couldn't pass it up.
For it's intended use of fast,long recreational rides it's a great bike.

Favorite Ride:   SF bay area

Purchased At:   E-bay

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Roubaix Elite,Comp

Bike Setup:   Easton Circuits,Ultegra group, FSA compact cranks, Ritchey WCS Marathon saddle

Submitted by asrubins a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2010

Strengths:    Light, fast, stiff but comfortable with it. Great all rounder.

Weaknesses:    Only thing I can fault is that clearance for the rear wheel quicklock skewer isn't enough - so difficult and fiddly to get wheel on and off.

and a bit expensive, but what the hell, can't take it with you.

Bottom Line:
It's light, fast, stiff but comfortable. Corners really well and accelerates well. I've done several longer rides 100 to 130 miles and it's really good.
Better value than the 585 and not much in it but still pricey ... price posted was without the wheels !!

Favorite Ride:   Trough of Bowland, North West England

Similar Products Used:   Custom alu bike Campag Veloce build,
Trek 2000 Ultegra build,
Also tried Specialized Roubaix SRAM and a 2007 Dolan custom carbon bike with Campag Chorus

Bike Setup:   Built with Cinelli Via Stem and Via bars and Tofosi carbon seatpost.
Ultegra SL groupset,
SPD-SL Pedals
handbuilt wheels using Mavic Openpro rims with Dura-ace hubs.
Sella Gel saddle

Submitted by Ian a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2007

Strengths:    Light, stiff, comfortable, stable.
Not cheap, but excellent value for money

Weaknesses:    200g heavier than the 585.
Not the hero model therefore not appreciated as much outside cafes

Bottom Line:
This bike is light, stiff, and comfortable, plus it has the added bonus of being cheaper than the 585. The geometry is steeper than the481SL and probably more suited to racing than recreational riding but Look have managed to create stable, predictable handling bike. This bike is very similar to the 585, so a check of the reviews it has recieved is warranted. Climbs and decsends beautifully.

Favorite Ride:   Hills