Home | Reviews | Frames | Look

Look 585 Optimum Frames

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Bigboote a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2010

Strengths:    Well made, good frame character, smooth ride, quite, comfortable

Weaknesses:    Better fitting guide lines are needed for fitting the new relaxed geometry bikes. A lot of rules change with these and body position guide lines need to be better communicated, most shops don't even understand them. The rear triangle could be a bit stiffer but I have not had it up over 60Km in a descent as of yet.

Bottom Line:
Just had my first couple of rides on this bike and I must say I love it. I'm a big guy with a few years of experience in life and cycling under my belt so finding the combination of ride comfort and performance is difficult to get.

It took some time to get myself adjusted properly but once I had the seat position dialed in I enjoyed the bike a lot. The ride was surprisingly comfortable with the road vibrations minimized leading me to believe that the frame was soft. I was wrong when I applied some power or got out of the saddle the bike had great snap and character to it and was very responsive.
The bike handles very well and I don't get that "riding a rail" feeling that I get with some carbon bikes. The body position while not as efficient, especially into the wind, left me with out the stiffness and soreness that I experience on some of my more aggressive frames.

Favorite Ride:   Salmon River Road, Salmon Arm BC.

Similar Products Used:   Lightspeed Tuscany. Specialized Roubaix, Colnago C50

Bike Setup:   Campy Chorus, Easton EA50 wheels

Submitted by road rage a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2008

Strengths:    Light
Looks good

Weaknesses:    None yet. I have only had it for about a month.

Bottom Line:
This bike is amazing! I was looking for something with a short top tube and long headtube, but still race worthy. This bike fits the bill. It is light, stiff accelerates very well. I thought I would be "slower" with the more comfort geometry it has but I was wrong. My back doesn't ache after long rides anymore. Highly recommended.

Favorite Ride:   Flatlands of Chicago