Home | Reviews | Frames | Look

Look 585 Frames

Submitted by jps a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2012

Strengths:    Handling, ride quality, weight, looks great

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
Like all reviews state: this bike is amazing. It's light with perfect balance and holds the corner
effortlessly. Climbs great also and is fast on flats and very forgiving. Perfect carbon bike!

Favorite Ride:   any

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Scott CR1, bianchi carbon, giant, de rosa

Bike Setup:   Full Campy carbon chorus, Kysrium SL

Submitted by axel23 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2012

Strengths:    Weight, comfort, handling.

Weaknesses:    Nothing I can think of. Not as sleek as certain other carbon frames? Maybe. Doesn't matter from a ride perspective.

Bottom Line:
One of the best all-around bikes I've ridden - maybe THE best. Thought I was forever committed to ti. Other carbon frames seemed not to handle very well, or were too stiff for longer rides on rougher roads. The 585 is a dream. In fairness, I've only taken about ten rides but absolutely no complaints.

Favorite Ride:   McKenzie Pass, Bend

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   NA

Similar Products Used:   Ti, steel, aluminum. None compare - not even the ti.

Bike Setup:   Dura-ace 7900. FSA. Fizik.

Submitted by colnago8888 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2011

Strengths:    Very very precise handling, stiff, yet comfortable.

Weaknesses:    I wish the seatpost diameter was larger than 27.2, but not a big issue.

Bottom Line:
I can describe the ride as being very PRECISE. I have ridden carbon frames in the past (Ride Blue RC7), and after reading all the reviews, I thought I was going to be biased towards the frame, but I can tell you right now, I am definitely biased. I LOVE the set-up. The bike built up to 15.5 lbs with pedals and Polar CS600 mounts/sensors and the computer and water bottle cages.

I have a Colnago CT2 HP with the same grouppo and it weights 17.5 lbs. I went for comfort with the saddle, but I can probably drop another pound by changing the saddle and going with Nokon cables. I wasn't going for the lightest build, but I am definitely impressed with the handling and compliant ride. I do have to get used to the way it handles around corners. As a climbing bike, it is very responsive especially on short bursts with no wasted energy.

Favorite Ride:   Undulating Roads in White Rock, BC

Purchased At:   Online Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Blue RC7, Colnago CT2HP, Colnago Dream HP.

Bike Setup:   Look 585, HSC5 Fork, U.S.E. Alien Carbon Seatpost, Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow saddle, FSA SLK Stem (120), Ritchey Evolution bar (46 c-c), Keywin CRM Titanium Pedals, 2011 Campagnolo Record 11 Speed with Mavic R-sys SL, , Vittoria Open Corsa 320 tpi. Polar CS600 (Cadence/Speed) and Carbon Water Bottle cages (2)

Submitted by slegros a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2010

Strengths:    Well balanced, light. Everything seems to be in just the right measure. Stiff but not harsh, very comfortable, good handling and predictable, but not at all twitchy. Everything in good balance with no bad traits..

Weaknesses:    Umm... Its old??

Bottom Line:
I bought this frame used of Ebay, and it became my daily rider. I've had a ton of frames come and go but this is the one that stays built up and gets ridden. For what I paid for it, and how good it is, I just can't seem to justify switching to a more expensive frame.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Look 585 Ultra, 595, 595Ultra, Pinarello FP7, Dogma.

Bike Setup:   585 built up with a mix of Sram, Mavic Ksyrium Elites

Submitted by PETER MARTLING a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2010

Strengths:    HIGH SPEED CORNERING AND ALL AROUND RIDE QUALITY. PAINT AND FINISH IS GREAT.

Weaknesses:    NONE THAT I HAVE ENCOUNTERED.

Bottom Line:
IN MY 45 YEARS OF RIDING THIS FRAME IS THE BEST. IT CLIMBS WELL, CORNERS ON RAILS,AND LEAVES YOU FEELING GREAT AFTER MANY MILES. I HAVE OWNED EVERYTHING FROM STEEL TO TITANIUM, BUT THIS LOOK CARBON FRAME IS THE BEST BY FAR. WISH I WAS YOUNGER AND STRONGER, BUT I STILL ENJOY MY 5000 MILES PER YEAR IN THE SADDLE.

Favorite Ride:   TOO MANY TO SAY

Purchased At:   EXCEL SPORTS

Similar Products Used:   NONE LIKE THIS.

Bike Setup:   DURA ACE, DT SWISS RIMS AND CERAMIC HUBS, DEDA STEM AND BARS, SAN MARCO SADDLE.

Magic of 585 frame

Been awhile since I picked the 585 for my rides from the collection. But oh my how sublime the ride is. Such a great frame and it is sad I will have to go custom if I want anything like it in the future. Just hope I never have to replace it.Read More »

Stihl Tour des Trees 2013; (585 miles/6 day)

This is probably not a very well known tour, but if you like trees and cycling then it may be a ride to look into next year (Wisconsin in 2014). THE EVENT [Quote]The 2013 STIHL Tour des Trees*promises an international adventure for cyclists. Tracing a 585-mile route around Lake Ontario, the 2013 To ... Read More »

585 SMALL size owners, what's yours weigh?

I saw a post here by someone saying his came in at 14 lbs without any special, ultralight treatment. I've never put mine on a scale (I know, hard to believe) but I think mine is closer to 16/17 lbs. record 10-speed all over. 18/28 front/rear spoked wheels. I just cant see where another 2 to 3 lbs ... Read More »

LOOK 585 - Origin vs Optimum - side by side tests, anyone??

Has anyone ever test-ridden a 585 Origin and Optimum and compared how they ride and feel? Appreciate any info if you have. Thanks, TVRead More »

WANTED: Look 585 Ultra or non-Ultra size small/51cm

I'm looking for a Look 585 Ultra or non-Ultra size small/51cm. PM me if you have one available.Read More »