Home | Reviews | Frames | Look

Look 595 Frames

4.94/5 (17 Reviews)

The 595 is the evolution of the industry benchmark 585. Taking the highest grade VHM carbon fiber and forming brand new tubes and lugs, the 595 will elevate your performance to new levels. Proven at the 2006 Dauphine Libere and Tour de France, this frame took Thor Hushovd to victory on the Chaps Elysses capping off a phenomenal Tour.
Frame material : Carbon fiber : VHM (Very high modulus)
Tube series : PRO LIGHT VHM Carbon (Very high modulus), oversized IN SHAPE section. Oriented stiffness
Fork : HSC 6 monobloc carbon
Frame weight : 1080 grs with full length seat post
Fork weight : 315 grs
Frame and fork weight : 1395 grs
Features :
  • "IN SHAPE TUBES" Different thickness and shaped tubes
  • E Post seat post (Seat post with integrated elastomer)
  • High pressurized frame drop out
  • Lugs, Monobloc Seat post Tube and seat post
  • Very high pressurized carbon bottom bracket
  • Carbon Nano tubes NTC

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by mscad

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, comfortable, look great

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
    The best road bike I ever had, its ride like a dream and you can spend hours riding without feeling uncomfortable

Submitted by yossi a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2011

Strengths:    stiff, comfortable,

Weaknesses:    Non

Bottom Line:
    The look 595 is an amazing bike, there is nothing more that I can add to the previous reviews. Its stiff, increadibly comfortable and "look" great

Favorite Ride:   Many

Similar Products Used:   Cervelo Soloist, Giant TCR, Cannondal

Bike Setup:   DA drive terrain, DA Carbon tubular wheelset

Submitted by robertd608 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2010

Strengths:    responsive. especially strong and stable at higher speeds

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
    best frame i have ever owned.

Favorite Ride:   wi country roads

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   used i year old demo

Similar Products Used:   trek carbons. many different models

Bike Setup:   dura ace

Submitted by Johan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2009

Strengths:    Beautiful build quality, flawless paint and assembly, internal cable routing, cable routing design into head tube keeps cable housings off of frame, look headset/fork adjustment design, extremely comfortable, precise and stable handling, solid for sprinting.

Weaknesses:    I suppose it could be a little lighter but I don't think it would ride the same.

Bottom Line:
    I was in the market for a new road bike after riding Cervelo's soloist carbon and R3 for the last few years and ended up buying a 595 origin. A close friend of mine with very similar strengths and weight just purchased one and said it was the nicest bike he'd ever ridden so I bought one and built mine up with campy 11 speed. (fyi, I'm 5'11" and 165lb) I cannot say how impressed I am with my new 595. The fitment and cutting of the seat tube was very easy, and the epost was very easy to install. Look's headset adjustment is a breeze and a very nice system. After the first 3 min of my first ride, I was truly amazed. It seemed to dampen the vibrations of the road coming through the saddle and frame and seemed to just glide down the road. It was solid, stiff, precise, and incredibly comfortable at the same time. I average about 16 hrs a week on my bike on the road and have a very good feel for my bikes. I'm sold on the epost design and the elastomers. As I mentioned, I've had and R3 for 3 yrs now and between that and the soloist carbon, I thought the R3 was just too stiff, but very light. I was at first a little hesitant as the 595 frame and fork was supposedly much heavier and in the back of my mind, I did not want to go back up in weight. (actually only 110g heavier comparing frame and fork, 56cm R3 vs lg 595 as the cervelo fork is much heavier and needs a fork topcap and expander) The other more logical side of me was saying that ride quality was more important than weight (up to a certain point). After putting in some serious hours, I can say that the 595 is now my new favorite bike.

Favorite Ride:   Luzern to Interlaken

Similar Products Used:   Cervelo R3, soloist carbon, Trek madone, Orbea Orca,

Bike Setup:   campy 11 speed, eurus wheels, GP4000 contis, fizik arione

Submitted by pchris a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2008

Strengths:    Smooth but stiff. But i have tested bikes that were smoother and still stiff.

Weaknesses:    slightly harsh

the 585 is arguably plenty stiff for the lot of us, and lighter.

Bottom Line:
    I like this frame. I wouldn't say that I LOVE it yet. Maybe just need a little more time to get used to it.
    I enjoy riding it everytime i get on it, but i could think of things i would change. Overall, the ride is stiff while taking the edge off of the majority of the road vibrations, but not doing much about the bigger stuff. It is a very fast frameset, and the geometry is aggressive which i like. decending is fast and very accurate as others have mentioned. that is one thing that has been a distinct advantage over my last bike. Out of the saddle sprinting is stiff, but i have had trouble finding the right set up that really makes me feel like i am delivering the power like my last bike did. clearly thor huschovd hasn't had any problems with this.

long rides are not a problem. I've done up to 6 hours and feel good at the end.

I think i would consider getting the 585 if I was to do it over again. I have found the e post to be somewhat of a hassle. I had "slippage" for a while that I finally figured out was due to the bolt lostening over the course of the ride and then my seat would be tilting up towards the sky. a little lock tite took care of that. but overall, i just don't know if the e post adds that much advantage for what you loose in versatility of moving posts easily.

The ride is smooth, but you do still feel the bumps. I think i was expecting a slightly smoother ride. But do not forget this bike is a race bike. it is stiff and that has its distinct advantages. Unfortunately my quads are powerful enough to put that stiffness to too much use.

Favorite Ride:   tunbridge