Home | Reviews | Frames | Look

Look 695 Frames

4.2/5 (10 Reviews)

Tr?s magnifique! Simply put the Look 695 is exquisite, beautiful lines brilliant technology and years upon years of sports innovation. - The ZED 2 crankset , The LOOK 695's nerve centre, this is the culmination of 5 years of research, and was tested by athletes. Validated at the Beijing Olympics it brings world records to the weight/rigidity and performance of the LOOK 695.The ZED 2 carbon crankset that comes with the LOOK 695 is a brand new highly innovative model from one of the most innovative manufacturer's in our sport. The crank is moulded in a single piece of carbon (2 pedal cranks + axis + star = FULL SINGLE-PIECE). It reaches a rigidity / weight ratio that was not possible before. The crankset alone (with no roller bearing or chain wheel) but including the two crankarms and bottom bracket only weigh 320 grams! Its particular Z shape allows it to be mounted in the frame that has a specific and oversized casing (rolling bearings diameter 65 mm). The technology of the three-lobe insert at the end of pedal cranks allows adjusting the length of the cranks from 170, 172.5 to 175 mm without changing the crankset and while being compatible with all the pedals on the market. - C-STEM CARBON The C-STEM carbon stem is designed specifically for the 695. Utilizing a new patented tightening system this stem is adustable in angle (from -9? to +13?). The adjustability in angle relinquishes the need for adding spacers that lessen the bike?s lateral rigidity and the cycling precision. Finally its ultra-light carbon body and its titanium bolts give the C-STEM great rigidity for a weight of only 160 grs. - NEW HEAD FIT 3 HEADSET The headset?s adjustment is done by tightening the carbon ring on an offset thread placed on the fork?s crown. It is now possible to remove the stem without the need to re-adjust your headset. 3rd Generation of the Headfit is completely integrated into the head tube. - E-POST SEAT POST The E-post is quite possibly the most innovative ISP system on the market. Due to its internal expansion system it relinquishes any chance of carbon crushing due to over torque. The E in E-post stands for elastomer . LOOK provides 3 different densiities of this elastomer core to further customize the ride characteristics of the LOOK 695. -Available in XS, SM, M, L, XL, XXL -Colors: Black, Black Silver -Flag Colors (Special order)Flag Colors,Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada,China, France, Germany,Italy,Japan, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal,Russia, Spain, Switzerland, UK,USA

Submitted by Tom Massarat a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2016

Strengths:    Very stiff ride

Weaknesses:    The bike is difficult to assemble and is very noisy. The brakes are awful due to the difficult cable routing.

Bottom Line:
I have been riding the Look 695 for six months and it has been in shop at least 10 times. The brakes are never right and the rear derailleur cable snapped off. The issue is with the integrated brakes. I would not recommend this bike at all.

Submitted by pkoentgesjr@msn.com

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2015

Strengths:    performance, looks, build quality

Weaknesses:    price, cable noise, too many graphics though I own the matt black carbon, likely the last bike I'll ever want to own...takes the fun out of shopping.

Bottom Line:
Difficult to compare to other bikes I've enjoyed over the years as each has its own qualities. 2K + miles in the Colorado hills/urban rides. Bottom line, best performing and most comfortable bike by far...unique and rarely seen. Excels at climbing while still being incredibly stable at very fast speeds...@ 13.85 lbs. L frame. Not at all harsh (23 tires, red elastomer) but noticeable stiff. Ride a BMC, Scott, or other stiff race-carbon frames and you will be surprised at the difference/performance. Requires more regular and attentive maintenance than the average race bike...something I enjoy. Carbon frame, Sram Red, chain rings, Ksyrium SLR all need to be properly torqued (using proper wrenches), adjusted, and lubed or the bike will creak and/or be noisy. If you know how to care for the bike, it is silent (excepting typ. Sram which is fussy). Get it right...what a pleasure. Internal cabling does make noise on rougher tarmac but only when up in the saddle/unweighting the bars...something that is annoying. I'm 55, 6' & a fit 175...3-4 days a week cyclist.

Submitted by Basho a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2014

Strengths:    I've owned a lot of bikes. If you have the money put away, and if you love to ride, you should treat yourself to this bike.
It's the ideal balance of speed power smoothness handling agility. It's gorgeous. The folks
At look have magic powers. Why waste time with anything else? I look forward to riding it. It's my forth look frame. I'm super glad I finally pulled the trigger. It's remarkably fast and surprisingly smooth. I feel like I'm driving a formula one car. Or
The cycling equivalent.

Weaknesses:    You'll never buy anything else. And they are not especially cheap.

Bottom Line:
Stiff. Fast. Smooth. Balanced. A quantum leap from my 595, which was better than
Anything else I had ridden. I have the sr. Super rigid. But it doesn't beat you up at all.... Just goes fast. Read the reviews
You'll thank us later!

Favorite Ride:   Santa Monica mtns

Purchased At:   Pedelers west van nu

Similar Products Used:   Colnago c4o. Seven axiom. Ridley . Cervelo r3. Specialized s works. Look 595 ultra and 496. Serotta.

Bike Setup:   Mostly record, some dura ace. . Reynolds sdv66 tubular at the moment.

Submitted by Paul Appleyard a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2013

Strengths:    Super stiff. Super light. Incredibly innovative. Clever, functional and aesthetic design. Awesome looks. Very stable yet fast handling bike.

Weaknesses:    Expensive, but I got mine at a discount.

Bottom Line:
Look products have always had a certain 'je ne sais quoi' . I'm a Brit, but have always had a strong admiration of French engineering. The Renault F1, the TGV, the Mirage, Concorde etc.. Add Look cycle products to that list.

Before I talk about the 695 SR I'll give you a bit of history.. I have never owned a modern carbon monocoque road frame until I bought the 695. Until now, my road bikes were 653 steel frame machines with Record 10 spd set ups and Cosmic Carbone wheels. I haven't road raced in years, but never felt like my steel steeds were at much of a disadvantage to modern carbon framed machines. On club rides I never had any problems matching the pace of riders on such machines. My time trial bike is a Dolan lo pro Carbon monocoque, but there the carbon tubes help with aerodynamics, as does all the other aero paraphernalia. I have previously rented a Giant NRS with a 105 groupset, and that felt sluggish. I owned a TVT carbon frame in ~1992 (carbon tubes glued into lugs), and that was light, but nowhere near as quick as my steelies...

Anyway, I just had a bad crash on my favourite steelie, and cracked the frame. I'm having it repaired (out of sentimentality), but in the interim took the plunge and bought a 695 SR which caught my eye when it was launched a few years ago. It cost me $4000 (I'm in the US for a year on business), which is way more than I've ever paid for a frame.

I have transferred pretty much all the components from my steelie to the 695 with the exception (of course) of the crank, stem and seatpost. The components are 10 spd record groupset and Mavic cosmic carbone wheels (alu rims).

So I have a direct comparison of the Look 695 SR frame to a 20 year old 653 steel frame, both running the same components. The improvement in performance is noticeable, but nowhere near as big as I was expecting. Basically the Look is a little bit better in all departments, which add up to a fairly big improvement overall, but not massive! It's stiffer (although the Zed crank really helps here) and responsiveness and acceleration is better. This is aided by the most noticeable difference, the ~1kg lower frame weight. It handles a little bit quicker than my steelie, although my steelie was custom made and handles like it's on rails (with a carbon fork).

Honestly, on a flat road road race or old school rules time trial I wouldn't feel at a disadvantage on my steelie. But on any kind of rolling terrain, the 695 SR offers an overall advantage of ~10% I'd say. Of course if you're climbing mountains in the Tour, you'd take the 695!! Of course with a sub 1.4 kg tubular carbon wheelset (like I have on my TT bike) you'd be buzzing.

So I do love it, because of the wonderful engineering as much as anything else. It's nice to own something state of the art, but I love still my steelies!!

In my rating, I'd have to give 695 SR absolute top marks though. It's hard to imagine a better performing road frame on the planet! Cofidis had better grab some stage wins!

Bike Setup:   Campag Record 10 spd. Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheels

Submitted by Look695

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2013

Strengths:    Cheap Look 695 Framesets at carbonroadbikesale.com

Weaknesses:    Cheap Look 695 Framesets at carbonroadbikesale.com

Bottom Line:
Cheap Look 695 Framesets at carbonroadbikesale.com