Home | Reviews | Frames | Look

• Excellent lateral rigidity
  • HM fiber monobloc

Submitted by DocVijay a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2007

Strengths:    Smooth like butta. Very little flex. Very quick steering. Geometry lends itself to road and tri.

Weaknesses:    Geometry can be a bit off for some. Not quite a road bike, not quite a tri bike. Very quick steering. It's French... ;)

Bottom Line:
I recently finished building my Look. It's my first full carbon frame, so I didn't know what to expect. Until now I had ridden Al exclusively. I was very pleased with the ride. This thing (along with the full carbon rims, stem, bar) soaks virtually all road vibration. Unless I ride over some sort of bump or hole, the ride is very, very smooth. The somewhat odd geometry could be less than ideal for some, but I love it. It gives me the quick steering I like. Some would characterize it as twitchy, but I call it nimble. This frame is also very stiff when putting the power down. Look reinforced the bottom bracket area in particular, and it's obvious when out of the saddle. I am definitely a convert to CF. The ability to make it compliant in one direction and stiff in another lends itself perfectly to bikes. This frame is a bit heavier than other Looks, or other's in it's class, but it is much more aerodynamic. I've already gotten quite a few compliments/questions about the bike.

Favorite Ride:   Flatwoods