Moots Cycles Vamoots SL Compact Frames

• Sloping frame - frame size and top tube are virtual measurements
  • Seamless mandrel butted 6/4 alloyed tubeset

Submitted by Kiddiecar a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2009

Strengths:    The ride is smooth and it climbs great. The frame is not loud and flashy. It will last forever, and I'll never need another bike.

Weaknesses:    Decals come off.

Bottom Line:
I now have 12,000 miles on the bike and love to ride it. Other than the decals, the frame looks brand new. It is smooth over rough road and doesn't quit going up hill.

Favorite Ride:   Early morning in Arches National Park

Purchased At:   Above Category (Mill

Similar Products Used:   Raleigh Competition, Lemond Zurich

Bike Setup:   Campy Chorus 10 with compact crank. Campy Eurus wheels, Moots laid back seat post, FSA K-Wing bars.

Submitted by mlglisan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2006

Strengths:    It's mine and you can't have it. Not everyone has one.

Weaknesses:    I can't afford another one for a while.

Bottom Line:
Okay first things first, I bought the SL instead of the regular Compact simply because Moots said they had one made and could ship it in 2-3 days. If they had a regular Compact ready to ship I would have bought that one instead. That being said, I'm glad I spent the extra money and bought the SL. The dropouts are pretty and the welds are the nicest I've ever seen. I've got two other titanium bikes and I won't ride anything else.

I could go on about the ride quality, how stiff it is, how compliant it is and how awesome it climbs, sprints and eates up the miles and so on but A LOT of that depends on what equipment you have on the bike. Just go ride one, you'll never be dissapointed.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere

Purchased At:   West End Bikes in Ho

Similar Products Used:   Orbea, Merlin, Kish, Colnago, Scott, Giant, Independent Fabrication

Bike Setup:   Easton EC90SLX fork