Home | Reviews | Frames | Orbea

Orbea XLR8R Frames

This bike uses Columbus' XLR8R tubing, aluminum alloyed with zinc, magnesium, and zirconium, with a Columbus Carve carbon rear wishbone seatstay setup.Graphics are paint, not decals. Cable stops are riveted. 46-62cm, in 1cm increments, for the standard frame, and 48-62cm, in 1cm increments, for the sloping top tube version.

Submitted by orbeaiv a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2004

Strengths:    extremely smooth, unbelieveably responsive. AND i'm the only one in this area that rides one,...everyone else is like everyone else,....TREK.

my 54 cm is SUPERLIGHT! right around 2.5lbs.

Weaknesses:    what can i say, i can't say anything bad about my girl.

Bottom Line:
this frame is simply amazing. i sometimes want to buy a new bicycle,...and then i ride my orbea the next day,...and wonder why i would even consider another one.

carbon seat stay is just the right amount of vibration damping, i use a look hsc full carbon up front with carbon easton bars,...feels like i'm riding on air.

although smooth as silk, once i get out of the saddle and hammer,...crazy power transfer.

I LOVE MY ORBEA.

Favorite Ride:   doesn't matter

Purchased At:   online / frame only

Similar Products Used:   cannondale r2000. giant tcr. specialized m4.

Bike Setup:   full ultegra (durable workhorse, not a racehorse) and still weighs in at 17lbs. w/pedals. easton bar, easton seatpost, look full carbon fork, mavic ksyrium ssc, san marco aspide. I LOVE THIS BIKE!

Cinelli XLR8R 2 Carbon

When I bought this bike I was told I would likely not see to many of them around, that it would be super exclusive. Not only have I not seen any, I have yet to come across any forums or discussions on the XLR8R Carbon. I guess I'll start one!! I would like to hear from other owners and hear their ... Read More »