Pinarello Paris Frames

Pinarello Paris 50.15 Think 2

Submitted by petermcu a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2011

Strengths:    Weight
Soft ride for aluminium

Bottom Line:
Over the years I have put this bike through alot of commuting and some club races. Whilst full aluminium it has a surprising level of compliance and comfort whilst being sufficiently stiff to give good acceleration and hill climbing performance. Rough roads can be tiresome though, numb hands and feet are a problem after 80km on poor surfaces. The bike is getting on now however I think it would be hard to find a better Aluminium alternative even today. If you find one buy it as you won't regret it!

Favorite Ride:   Keswick, Buttermere, Newlands loop

Purchased At:   -

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale CAAD 3
Cannondale CAAD 4

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace 7800

Submitted by Pinarello girl a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2003

Strengths:    Stiff ride, responsive
Great acceleration
Lightweight frame
Beautiful, aerodynamic design
Well crafted

Weaknesses:    Higher profile tires rub on the fork.
The price.

Bottom Line:
I went to a bike swap several years ago and a guy there was selling a Pinarello Paris. I rode it and fell in love with it. A few months later I had a friend order me the frame and build one in my size! What I immediately loved was the sleekness of the design and tear drop shaped top tube, and the paint job was beautiful!! Once I began racing criteriums I really noticed how responsive the bike was in the corners and how fast it accelerated. Personally, I really enjoy the stiff ride. Previous to riding this bike I didn't even enjoy cycling. I have made the transition from a more casual cyclist to competitive road racer and will never ride another bike.

Favorite Ride:   Paoli loop in south western Wisconsin

Purchased At:   A friend built it fo

Bike Setup:   Shimano Ultegra, and a mish mash of other parts that I could afford at the time. Sacriligeous I know not to have Campy but I hope to upgrade soon!! :)

Submitted by RacingPinarello a Road Racer from Menlo Park

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2003

Strengths:    Stiff
Comfortable for me (I like stiff)

Weaknesses:    To pretty to ride. I have to say a prayer each time I ride so I don't crash and break it.

Bottom Line:
The best bike I have ever ridden. The stiffness and the responsiveness of this frame is world class and beats any bike I have ridden in the past.

Favorite Ride:   Highway 9