Ridley Helium Frames

Even if polka dots and barbed wire aren't on your agenda, the Ridley Helium Frame should be.

Submitted by Henny a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2012

Strengths:    Light and stiff and strong.

Weaknesses:    All other bikes feel like wheelbarrows.

Bottom Line:
I am the owner of a Ridley Helium for nearly three years now. I am very pleased with it. I am a 54 year old cyclist and riding bikes from when I was 12. Had a lot of bikes since then. From Italian steel to American carbonfibre. The Helium beets them all. Allthoug the weight it is very steady, even while descending The Tourmalet at 90 km/h. I think it 's a bike for everyone who wants a realy light but still very stiff racer. Mine has a weight of about 7 kilo. The Campagnolo Eurus wheels are not the lightest, but I am 90 kilo myself and living near Flanders with its cobblestones, I need a strong pair of wheels. I have done the Tour off Flanders with this bike several times. The bike doesn't show any weakness then. I have been taken it to the French Alps and Pyrenees as well. The only weaknes there, is my own bodyweight, but that is a plus in the descending.

Favorite Ride:   French mountains