Scattante SC-R Scandium Frames

Head Tube Angle (degrees): 72º
Seat Tube Angle (degrees): 75º

Submitted by k. halstad a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2009

Strengths:    SC-R frame. Dura Ace 7800 group. All else is Easton EC90.
Bike weighs 14.6 pounds.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I've had this bike for 6 years. It has a little over 6,000 miles. It can still go from 10mph to 30mph in seconds. It's the fastest break-a-way bike I have ever ridden, heard about, or read about. All the equipment is still original(except tires) to the day I bought it. I can lift the bike with one finger.

Favorite Ride:   Burke/Gillman Seattle

Purchased At:   SuperGo

Similar Products Used:   Lemond, K2, Cannondale.

Bike Setup:   SC-R frame
Easton EC90 forks and stays.
Easton EC90 bars, stem, and saddle post.
Dura Ace 7800 group including wheels.

Submitted by Enrique a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2007

Strengths:    15.3lbs, smooth and strong. very natural feel, it allows you to ride without making you force the issue. 6 hours in and you will fail before the road beats you up.

Weaknesses:    that people ask me how to pronounce the name.

Bottom Line:
Wow. I love my bike. I have raced this bike to several local top finishes and put a couple thousand miles on it smooth frame. I just got a pair of carbon wheels so I can't wait for next season.

Favorite Ride:   Sunny day

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   other bikes that cost more and weight more

Bike Setup:   easton slx fork, full SRAM Force, ritchey WCS stem, specialized bars, specialized seatpost, Alias saddle, carbon clinchers from wheelandsprocket.com

Submitted by ooxbox a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2005

Strengths:    Take the corner tight, or from the outside either way you can balance yourself with the riders around you.... the bike lets your skill take over and doesn't impart the partiality of the builder. Its your attitude not the bike..or builders. Nice feel of steel not aluminum..but better! tremendous value and handsome looks for any bike, let alone an off brand. Also Supergo was awesome when I called with a question about the Easton seat stay and scratch on one of the rims. I just wanted to notify them of the shippers competence and they offered a new bike, wow ! I'm keeping this one happily...

Weaknesses:    the weakness???? mine for not having discovered this material before and having been a snob about labels...

Oh and Supergo may not continue the model... call get one... satisfaction guaranteed!!!!!!!!! Salsa has one as well. but I havent seen it

Bottom Line:
I wanted to try the Easton Scandium without the $2,200 price tag of a custom frame. Spoke with the tech people at Supergo who assured me of the quality of their Taiwan connection and their satisfaction guaranteed policy. So with Supergos weekend sale I bought a complete bike and WOW ! Stable, neutral attitude.. it lets you tell it what to do and and does it ..jump railroad tracks or road debris in NH etc....its faster then I am right now, but very forgiving, the components were a complete surprise not the best but damn good....and the price for the bike was a gift.

Favorite Ride:   SCATTANTE

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Grand Record,Roberts,Sachs,Roberts,Time Carbon,Olmo team steel,Canondale Team Saeco, Serrota steel,2 Serrota titanium ...SCATTANTE !!!!!!!!!!

Bike Setup:   full 05 dura ace

Submitted by xzarterius a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2005

Strengths:    Nothing can compare to the price.
Highest quality materials.
Best fork available.

Weaknesses:    Nothing yet.

Bottom Line:
I just built this frame up 2 weeks ago and I must say that for the money, I challenge anyone to beat it. Easton scandium with an Easton carbon seat stay plus a Reynold Ouzo Pro fork all for $499?
For the 5 rides I have ridden with it, it seems to absorb most road vibration with ease. Extremely stiff at the BB and climbs very well.

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   To many to list

Submitted by Miah St.Georges a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2005

Strengths:    Nothing I havent found in other name brand bikes.

Weaknesses:    It was twitchy at first and then it completely failed less than a month into use. Junk really.

Bottom Line:
I rode a super cheap scattante last year as a rain bike and was suprised how decent it was however this year I bought the sc-r scandium carbon bike which really stunk. It was very twitchy compared to other bikes I've ridden however I was able to overlook that and figured a new fork would solve that problem. Before I had the chance though the frame cracked completly through at the chainstays and not even at the weld
but right in the middle of the aluminum tubing. I was going about 25mph and the wheel was forced into the frame which burned a huge gash in the frame. It was unnerving to say the least. I only rode it for a month I weigh 165lbs so this really shouldn't have happened. I took it back to supergo and they refunded me.

Favorite Ride:   cervelo soloist

Purchased At:   e-bay

Similar Products Used:   scattante xrl which has been great as my rain bike for two years. I paid 200$ for it and it was worth it.

Bike Setup:   giant coposite, fsa compact crankset, fizik alliant saddle,easton stem and post, tempest2 wheelset, duraace shifters