Scattante Zonal Frames

4.29/5 (7 Reviews)

• The Zonal tubeset blends Columbus' incredibly high standards with cost-effective weight savings and legendary ride quality, complimented by an ultralight and vibration-damping Weyless carbon monostay/seatstay assembly, and Weyless carbon fork

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by TOm a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2002

Strengths:    Value, stiffness, and acceleration

Weaknesses:    Needs a better Headset

Bottom Line:
    This is a great price for the money. I ride a Trek 5500 and a Cannondale R2000 and this bike will stay with either of them all day long. The steering is a little skittish but this can be remedied with a better headset, coming soon. Full Dura Ace with Mavic Wheels make this a machine that is the envy of many rides.

Favorite Ride:   mountains of georgia

Purchased At:   Supergo.com

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale R2000
    Trek 5500

Bike Setup:   Full Dura Ace shifters, FSA Carbon Crank and Carbon Seat post. Mavic Cosmic Eltie wheels

Submitted by Carbon fiber fanatik a Recreational Rider from Michigan

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2002

Strengths:    Wonderful climber, excellent finish and attention to most details. Fast and stable bike for the $$.

Weaknesses:    slight alignment problem with rear wheel. Tacky frame stickers and no headset badge. Also weyless forks needed some fine tuning to center wheel flat in the dropouts.

Bottom Line:
    I built up this bike during the winter here in Michigan. So my first experience was on the trainer while watching the snow fall outside. Once the weather broke and I finally got to hit the road, I was most impressed. This bike flat out flies! I kept it in the big chainring and hammered a favorite local hill. Talk about stiff. Hammering downhill provided a stable and reassuring platform. This frame loves to be ridden. It is definately worth the money and then some and since the sun is shining, I'm done with this and hitting the road.

Favorite Ride:   local roads

Purchased At:   supergo

Similar Products Used:   Kestrel, Cannondale, Specialized, Schwinn

Bike Setup:   full Dura-Ace drive train. Weyless aero post, carbon cranks & stem. Syntace streamliners and HED 3 s

Submitted by Ron B a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2002

Strengths:    -Carbon seat stays add a lot of comfort to the ride.
    -Very low price for a nice frame
    -Good climbing frame
    -Nice paint and finish to the frame

Weaknesses:    -Bottom bracket threading isn't finished very well
    -Frame dimensions varied a little from what is listed on the web site.
    -Not sure about warrenty service
    -No name brand recognition

Bottom Line:
    I was looking for a low priced frame to replace my Fuji Roubaix when I stumbled across the Scattante Zonal frame. I also looked at the other offerings that SuperGo had to offer in the lower price range.

After looking around I decided to try the Zonal because I couldn't find any bike with the options that the Zonal had for anything even close to what they were asking for the Zonal.

The bike so far has been quite surprising to me performance wise. The Zonal is much more comfortable than my previous bike and handles harsh roads very well. The bike has a fairly stiff bottom bracket but I can make it flex a little (which isn't too hard when you are 260 pounds).

The frame handles very quick, almost to quick for my liking.

I would say that the Zonal would be a great criterium bike due to it's quick handeling, but for a larger rider would be a nice century frame as well since it has more give to it with the extra weight.

Favorite Ride:   Local country roads

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale CAAD2 frame
    Fuji Roubaix (Cro-moly) frame

Bike Setup:   Shimano 105 components

Submitted by petetmd78 a Triathlete from Irvine, California

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2002

Strengths:    Great performance at a great price, exceptional value all the way around.

Weaknesses:    None yet...

Bottom Line:
    I'm a 34yo age-group triathlete who spends more time in the saddle than the other two disciplines. I've had experience with Cannondale CAAD 4 and Trek OCLV, both purchased used, with great success. But, I wanted a new bike spec'd for me at a reasonable price. Supergo offered a terrific product at an unbeatable price! Paid $399 for frame, fork and integrated headset; $900 for full ultegra build kit (which includes name brands like forgie stem, 3T prima bar, thompson seatpost, wheelsmith built wheels-open pro/ultegra, and flite Ti saddle). This is a $1300 race ready bike that should provide years of service (one local bike shop quoted $1250 just for the ultegra group!)
    Now the details... the frame is beautifully made, with excellent sprinting qualities and almost all-day comfort. Road vibrations are a minimum (almost as smooth as the OCLV, but much stiffer) and handling is precise. The parts so far have performed flawlessly.

Favorite Ride:   PCH

Purchased At:   Supergo-Laguna

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale, Trek OCLV owned; test rides on Lemond Zurich, Specialized, Airborne, and a few others.

Bike Setup:   Full ultegra, forgie stem, cane creek headset, prima bar, wheelsmiths and spd-r pedals. Race wheels

Submitted by Russ Stapleton a Road Racer from Akron

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2001

Strengths:    stiff. durable. low cost. it's got carbon seat stays. wicked! battle ready.

Weaknesses:    who has heard of Scattante? don't expect it to have a great re-sale. get a soft saddle, and stick to the road.

Bottom Line:
    Nice frame for the price. I set mine up with a Ultegra mix and Mavic CXP-33 wheels. This is my first venture away from steel, and this ride is a little harsher then I expected. This is a bomb-proof bike. I've tried this frame out with my Spinergy Xeros, and they do take a little of the edge off.. but not a lot. I ride this bike hard. I've been tring to find its big flaw, but I can't find it. This bike rocks. I picked the white color, it's ok, but who cares. For the price, and durability, this bike is great. If I had to do it again, I'd put 105 on it. This setup I believe is a great all around bike, it will make you strong and fast with balls of steel.

Favorite Ride:   Petersburg pass in NY/MA boarder