Home | Reviews | Frames | Sette

Sette Ximo Frames

The Sette Ximo frame will place you across the line with confidence due to its race proven geometry and extremely responsive and nimble handling. It is built to be torsionally stiff and allow for maximum power transfer so you won’t be at the back of the pack when sprint time comes around.

Submitted by octq45e a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2010

Strengths:    Color

Weaknesses:    Size, Strength, durability, quality, and the list can go on.

Bottom Line:
Just an Alright frame. Mine came missing the rear hanger and seat post collar with small dings on the head tub. Bought it from Price Point and they did not send the missing items to me after I had contacted them. Had to customize one myself. For the same price I would get a Performance frame with better customer service.

Bike Setup:   Sette Ximo outfitted with Ultegra

Submitted by John a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2010

Strengths:    Stiff, fast, corners great, looks great, durable paint

Weaknesses:    none...even the weight is good

Bottom Line:
I had my cannondale R5000 with full dura-ace stolen and needed to replace my bike inexpensively. I thought I could by this for $99 for the frame and build it with my parts to get by until I can afford a nicer frame. Now...after riding it, Im keeping it and spending the money on a new set of race wheels. This frame is AMAZING. Its stiffer than my C'dale was, the geometry is great and its not too heavy. I can wail away in sprints and it sits tight and loves going downhill through sharp corners. This frame WILL compete with any aluminum frame on the market at any price. When you get it, look at the shaping of the tubes to increase stiffness. Its wonderful.

Favorite Ride:   peak to peak, boulder co.

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Adidas Primato or Sette Ximo

a friend is lookin for his first pair of road shoes (he has been using his mt shoes and pedals for a year now and is fed up) he asked me about these two shoes and i know nothing about them. i am currently running sidi's ( genius) and have tried to get him to go that route, but he does not want to ... Read More »