Seven Cycles Alaris Frames

4.94/5 (18 Reviews)
MSRP : $1995.00

The Alaris is the best in its class of straight-gauge titanium road frames, based on ride characteristics, features, durability, and weight. Using our exclusive Integrity 325™ tubing, which draws on more sizes than ever of the highest quality domestically sourced 3Al-2.5V seamless titanium tubing, we're able to more finely tune the frame's ride to your needs. Like our double-butted Axiom, the Alaris features:
  • Large diameter chain stays bent for optimum tire and heel clearance
  • Double seat-stay bends for enhanced vertical compliance
  • Ultra-durable 6Al-4V titanium CNC-machined dropouts
  • Composite seat tube sleeve to prevent seat post seizing
  • Laser-engrave stainless steel head badge
  • Lifetime warranty

This great, all-around frame is especially well suited for larger riders and pedal mashers, since Seven can create an ultra-stiff tube set. The Alaris' surprising affordability brings a handcrafted titanium Seven within reach to almost anyone.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by tibikeboy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2008

Strengths:    Fits amazing; I can ride faster and little to no pain.

Weaknesses:    A little flexy, but you can change that when you order your bike by changing the stiffness factor... Anxiously waiting for your bike! It took about 6 weeks from the actual day I put in the order to receive it.

Bottom Line:
    At first, I was a bit worried about the fit, since I didn't actually see it in person. But Seven came through and the bike fits like a glove. I actually find myself cycling 1-2 mph faster than on my old bike because I am more comfortable and I dont have lower back pain. If I had to redo the process, the only thing I would change is the stiffness. The default is 7. I increased the stiffness to an 8, and still found it a little flexy for my 170lb body.

Favorite Ride:   Anything Flat

Purchased At:   Sabino cycles

Submitted by jcatienza a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2008

Strengths:    Stiff
    Speed & Control on out of the saddle dances

Weaknesses:    Price

Bottom Line:
    It's a keeper

Favorite Ride:   Sierra

Full Ultegra SL except for the cranks
    Nokon cables

Submitted by Dennis Vogan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2007

Strengths:    An extremely smooth and stable feel on the bike. Very quick response from pedal to wheel. Easy acceleration. Very stiff bottom bracket area handles the hills and mountains well. No vibration on the downhill above 40 mph. Several all-day rides and never once felt that the road had beaten up on me. Titanium gives a very cool appearance, especially with contrasting colors on the tires and handlebar wraps. Seven is known for producing top-end bikes and I get compliments about my Alaris all the time, whether I am occasionally passing someone or they are passing me.

Weaknesses:    This is very difficult to identify. The decals could be upgraded to last a little longer, I suppose. I really can't find anything that I would consider a weakness of this frame.

Bottom Line:
    After 20 years of riding a Trek steel-chromoly frame and experiencing ongoing back problems, I took the plunge, went through the extensive bike-fitting process and ordered the Alaris. Six weeks later, I was on my new Alaris and I have not looked back. Nearly 3,000 miles later, including Colorado's Triple By-Pass, Copper Triangle, CO MS150 and Ft. Morgan Century rides, I am more than just a little pleased with my Seven Alaris. It is a dream bike to ride every day whether it is for speed, hills or long aerobic training. Though I am a smaller rider, in my mid-50s and enjoy pedal-mashing, I have had no hint of any back problems this year! This has truly been a dream bike for me in every way possible. Ask me, I feel spoiled, even after being on this bike all day-long whether on the flats or in the mountains. From my perspective and experience, you can't go wrong with a Seven bike. I found the people at Seven to be very professional and insightful in their questions to me, even after the fitting process in the store but before they began to build my frame. Their communication with the store from where I purchased the frame was also thorough and timely to ensure that the frame was exactly as specked.

Favorite Ride:   Deer Creek Canyon - Evergreen Challenge, CO

Continental 4000 Grand Prix Tires
    Serfas Terazzo Select Seat

Submitted by atumolo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2007

Strengths:    The folks at Seven nailed the fit. They also tweaked the build to correct complaints I had from my previous bike (a Trek 5200).

Weaknesses:    Just the price. The couplers add almost $1000 to the price, but the Alaris is worth the money.

Bottom Line:
    Fits like it was made for me. Wait! It WAS made for me! Ride all day and feel great. The fit is perfect. I travel a lot, and I had my Alaris built with S&S couplers. I was told by Seven that the couplers would not impact the handling, and they were right. I can highly recommend the S&S couplers.

Favorite Ride:   The current one

Purchased At:   Spokes, Etc. Vienna,

Similar Products Used:   Nothing similar to the Seven. Previous bikes were Cannondale R600, Trek 5200. I still have the Trek, and ride it in the winter.

Bike Setup:   Seven Alaris with titanium S&S couplers, full Ultegra, Seven carbon fork and seat post, Cris King headset, Shimano compact crank. Mavic Ksyrium SL. Fizik Aliante saddle.

Submitted by Nick Laslavic a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2007

Strengths:    Speed - Stiffness - Comfort - Classic, but Modern Beauty - Durability - No Charge for Customization

Weaknesses:    Toe Overlap (but that my fault because of my riding posture) - PRICE (still it is worth every penny) - Not the lightest of frames for you weight watchers out there

Bottom Line:
    I never believed that comfort and a stiff, responsive ride could exist within a road bike. My Seven Alaris proved me wrong. It was my college graduation gift and is new to me, but feels like it is the bike I always have (or should have) been riding. Not only is the frame a piece of art, but it is also built for speed. It has the most fantastic resonating hum as well. It has everything I could want out of a custom Ti bicycle. Seven and my outfitter did a fantastic job fitting and producing my bike.

Favorite Ride:   Anything on my Seven

Purchased At:   Outdoors Inc.

Similar Products Used:   My first bike was a Specialized Allez Sport (I destroyed it in two years by riding at least 30 miles everyday)

Comparable Bikes would be Litespeed, Independent Fabrication, etc.

Bike Setup:   Frame - Seven Alaris Straight Gauge Ti
    Gruppo - Shimano 105 10 Speed (2007)
    Crank - Shimano 105 Double
    Fork - Easton EC 90
    Headset - Chris King Threadless Black
    Stem - Easton EA 70
    Handlebars - Easton EA 70
    Seatpost - Easton EA 70
    Saddle - Specialized Alais
    Wheels - Shimano 105 Wheelset (new for'07)
    Cages - Elite Carbon

Love the frame and will be upgrading my components when I am employed and have some money. I am still a poor college kid.

Updated Pics - 2008 Seven alaris

me old bike Seven Alaris Frame Seven 7E Fork RS 80 C24 CL Clincher Wheels w/ Michelin Pro4 service course tires Dur Ace7800 Gruppo Provibe 7s Stem w/ Titanium bolts Forte T1 Saddle w/ Titanium rails FSA Compact SLK Handle Bars Shimano A520 SPD pedals weight at 17 Lbs and 5ozRead More »

Thinking of buying a mint Alaris....

A friend of a friend is selling his 3 or 4 year old Alaris which has been meticulously cared for. My buddy said the guy is quite anal with his bikes. I, so far, have only seen a picture of it but I will soon have the opportunity to check it out in person. He's selling the frameset w/ stock carbon ... Read More »

new wheels on my alaris

new williams wheels on alarisRead More »

new here 2008 alaris

Hi All I found this forum for sevencycles owners. Just would like to share the pics of my 2008 Alaris cheers!Read More »

My Alaris

Here's a pic of my Seven. It's againist our dirty van, and I have my trainer rear wheel on it. Got it in September and love it... Just switched it from Ultegra to Force, and I like the SRAM stuff. Also, thought it might be fun to look at other people's frame specs... So, I've attached mine.Read More »