Seven Cycles Axiom SL Frames

4.33/5 (6 Reviews)

"Our flagship model, the Axiom SL is so versatile, it defies easy categorization. Custom double butted tubing offers thousands of tubeset combinations, giving the Axiom SL the kind of balanced performance that suits nearly everyone. Combined with durability and superior responsiveness, it remains a perennial favorite."

Submitted by john agresti

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2016

Strengths:    I don't have one of these . People who buy custom made bikes do so in order to validate their superiority. I bought a Gary Fisher hybrid off Craigslist for $200.oo. It's a great bike.

Weaknesses:    People who blow thousands of dollars for a bicycle are weak minded.

Bottom Line:
Piffle.

Submitted by Mike

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2015

Strengths:    Comfort, Fine tuned and Beauty

Weaknesses:    Titanium will never have same snap as carbon but if that is your concern don't bother with Ti….

Bottom Line:
One of the nicest bikes i have ever ridden, once you have passed the age of carbon race frames that change every 2-3 years, Titanium is the ride for the connoisseur. My frame only was 4400$ due to Di2 routing, 30.9mm seat tube, BB30 and OS head tube. This will get you as close to a carbon race frame but still keeping the Ti riding qualities, i saw on seven's webpage an additional option of OS chain stains but that limits your tire clearance in the back. Seven does not offer a 1.5 tapered fork so you can choose on the free market one to your likes. I also have an older Axiom straight gauge with no additional gimmicks it also rides great but less BB stiffness. I only thing i dislike are the long head tubes that Seven try to sell to everyone, unless you need back surgery or like to ride like a sail in the wind don't let them do this to you, i ended up swapping for a -17 degree stem to get to my regular position. If you are lucky you can get one off ebay from some nutcase that changed his "hobby" after couple years of riding for a steal. If you don't like to be seen as a wall street pimp you can also choose from other custom ti builders that offer same or now even better frames for equal to more $$$.

Submitted by George Elliott

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2014

Strengths:    Truly a professional manufacturer. Custom manufactures a titanium cycle that will thrill you. Quality workmanship and amazing design from your body measurements and riding style. Very knowledgeable staff and designers. Can do anything you desire.

Weaknesses:    None found

Bottom Line:
My custom Seven Alaris is the absolutely best bike I have ever owned. It immediately felt that it was an extension of me. Riding 4 times per week with a club is demanding on your body as well as your bike. My weekly century ride became a pleasure every weekend. My bike is quick, responsive with the proper mix of comfort. I can sprint like being shot from a cannon and still pace line for the 100 mile ride. Seven builds and suggests your rider position. This is exact to headset length, seat post length, crank arm size etc. After receiving my bike I played with different setups and even went to a pro for a fit test. All that just to realize I did not improve the perfect ride one bit. Seven's setup was just PERFECT! Yo buy a Seven and never look for another bike again...trust me.

Submitted by ijuf

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2013

Strengths:    Delivers all the promises of an ideal titanium frame. Fully custom process means you get exactly what you want.

Weaknesses:    Fully custom process means you need to know exactly what you want, and you need to be confident that that's what you wanted.

Bottom Line:
Moving from a stock Al frame to a custom Ti frame, I could immediately tell differences in ride quality and fit. Vibration damping, springy, fast and stable are all the attributes of the Seven Axiom SL bike. All these attributes could very well be applied to most other bikes made from titanium. What sets Seven on a different pedestal is its fully custom process. They have at least 15 different questions about your riding style and nearly 10 different body measurements. They actually tweak the Ti tubing diameter and wall thickness to bring about your desired ride quality. I'm assuming they have a formula that calculates each different frame based on the scale 10 ratings that you give them. And here's where the catch is - you need to know your requirements exactly. Most of us have experience of riding stock sized bikes, and we summarize our experiences of likes and dislikes based on that. We then try to apply those likes and dislikes to the custom process. Sometimes we can mislead ourselves and then the frame ends up on ebay. Luckily for me, I spent a lot of time doing research and also thinking a lot about the questions on their form. The resulting bike gets so well-integrated with my body that it disappears. I only feel my muscles interrupting the ride. The key is to balance your current capabilities and requirements with your long-term goals, so the bike can serve you well for a long time. Then communicate all this to the bike fit technician so that you leave some options for changing your bike setup as you, hopefully, improve.

Submitted by Jason Bietz a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2013

Strengths:    Customization- Seven is one of the best money can buy. Get a trusted fit expert to assist you and they will do the rest. Between the design team, and the fabrication team, they are absolutely top-notch. Customer service is exceptional and the whole buying experience is great!

A word on Ti vs. Carbon; sure carbon bikes are typically lighter than most Ti, but the super-alloy is bomber. You will have this frame for life. Carbon? Chuck it after 10 years. Catastrophic failures at 30mph in lycra is no fun!

Weaknesses:    Price. They are expensive, not the most expensive mind you, but quite costly. What you get though, is a perfectly fitted, durable and timeless framework from which to enjoy decades of safe riding from. Don't like the look? Get it custom painted! It's worthwhile, while any lesser frame would not be worth the paint used.

Bottom Line:
I have owned the bike for 3 years now (My 12th bike or something.) It's everything I wanted/expected. One word of caution for ordering; custom is as much as you make it. Keep that in mind and you will be pleased. Ask for it stiff, you'll get stiff. Ask for it soft & comfy.... Ask for a tweak to the geometry they initially suggest.... be prepared to accept the results as your own. (My advice? Trust them entirely, they know exactly what to do.)

Favorite Ride:   "Lakes Loop" Ashland, Oregon