Seven Cycles Axiom Ti Custom Frames

Fabricated from tandem-specific butted titanium or steel tube sets, our 007 features a lateral tube frame design, the stiffest boom tube in the industry, and extra-plush seat stays. The tandem addendum to our Custom Kit™ lets us fit both captain and stoker to a "T." Specify brake type, fork model, and rack mounts. For the ultimate travel machine, pack it up and go with the S&S Machine Bicycle Torque Coupling™ option.

Submitted by Kent Anderson a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2012

Strengths:    Fit. I've had two modern road bikes taken through the fitting process, and they both fit well, but neither fit as well as the Seven did the first time I sat on it. Adjustments from there were few, and some I took back after the included fitting session. The value of fit for me has been high -- less fatigue after rides, more flow as I ride, a faster ride, and better training. Another strength is ride quality, which is partly due to the fit, partly due to the materials. This bike is smooth. It's also beautiful, so gets a lot of comments from curious gearheads. Finally, it's something I've wanted for a long time, and wish fulfillment after 10 years shouldn't be underestimated. Check this one off the bucket list!

Weaknesses:    I really can't think of any. The components are great, the frame and paint are great, the assembly was great, and the purchase experience was great.

Bottom Line:
A Seven is a Ti dream come true. Is it so much better than an aluminum or carbon frame? Not solely on materials. Given the cost, I could churn through three mid-range carbon bikes before I'd spend the same dollars a Seven consumed. Believe me, I thought about that. But the fit, my friends, the fit. I get back on my old Cannondale carbon, which was the best, liveliest bike I'd ever ridden, and the fit problem becomes immediately apparent. It's amazing what an 1/8" here and 1/8" there can add up to. If you have the money and are, like so many of us, getting older, fit really can resuscitate your flagging enthusiasm.

I was nervous spending this kind of $$ on a bike, but after doing it, I feel like it would have been the wrong move to suffer through 10 years of good fitting carbon bikes rather than getting a bike that fits like a glove and will last 20 years or more.

Favorite Ride:   Pan-Mass Challenge

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale RS 1000, Cannondale Synapse, Trek X01

Bike Setup:   Ultegra, Mavic wheels

Submitted by Marc a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2010

Strengths:    Perfect fit and finish. Great paint job and trim taping.

From start of order process to riding, ~5 weeks. Biggest delays were due to my being out of town and cell phone range, otherwise might've been done even sooner.

Want eyelets for fenders? You can get them. Hard to find roadies now that are high-end that have fender eyelets-without going custom. Anything and everything can be customized. The catch being you must work out exactly what you want. Because Seven will do it.

Custom process also includes fitting and adjustment to get you comfy. Great to work through an LBS for a custom. More interaction to get you to say and express what you want.

Weaknesses:    Only weaknesses is the 1-10 scales used in their forms. It is hard to go with an arbitrary number when most people are not coming from a comparable bike. Phone interview helps greatly with this issue.

Not for everyone. Price tag is/was high, but for a full custom frameset, with paint included was a deal.

Considering what off-the-peg sized high-end carbon bikes cost though, this is a no brainer, to this reviewer.

Bottom Line:
Perfect. A bike for me, exactly the way I wanted it. No ifs ands or buts.

NOTE: If doing custom paint, make sure to factor in headset stack height-and tell Seven about it.

Favorite Ride:   No cars/squirrels

Similar Products Used:   None. Nothing like a bike by me and for me.

Bike Setup:   06 Campy Centaur 10s all around
05 Campy Zonda Hoops
Selle SMP saddle
Brooks tape
Time RXS pedals
Misc shiny bike bits, i.e. King jewelry etc.

Submitted by kgrlaw a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2009

Strengths:    Stiff, comfortable, light, gorgeous.

Weaknesses:    Not getting it sooner.

Bottom Line:
Damn, what a fine ride!! Bought a used (but not very used) frame, it fits better than any bike before, is stiff at the pedals and very soft over bumps. A quantum leap better than any other frame I've been on (which is a few, but not bunch). Totally impressive frame.

Favorite Ride:   West End of Maui

Purchased At:   private party

Similar Products Used:   Merckx ti; Look 585; Orbea Opal

Bike Setup:   Record w/ topolino wheels.

Submitted by luisbujanda a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2009

Strengths:    The welds, and finish, tailor made to your riding style. (any way you want).

Weaknesses:    Expensive but worth it a frame for a life time. I think the cost of the frame has gone up a bit since my purchase of my frame in 99'

Bottom Line:
All I could say Awesome!, this bike is incredible. After seeing the first 7 frame in my local bike shop I fell in love, I quickly traded my Time Carbon Purple Frame, an order my Ti-Axion Custom. I had ask Harash the owner what"s the deal with this manufacture he when on to tell me that I could customize my frame any way I want. After taking down some measurement I place the order, a few day later I recieved a call for Seven asking question about my riding style and so on. 9weeks later my frame had arrived just beautiful welds are amazing, the finish just unbelievelable, an rides amazing. After 7 years of owning the frame I have my frame painting Ferrari Red I figure give my old bike a new look. Hands down the best frame by far, if your looking for something special look no further than Seven you will not be disapointed.

Favorite Ride:   Pasadena Rose Bowl Loop

Purchased At:   Velo Pasadena

Similar Products Used:   Mondonico Italian Steel Frame (Brain Tubing)
Time Carbon Purple Frame

Fork: Time 4.3
Wheels: Campy Eurus/Zipp Carbon 440's
Peddles: Look Caron Cx6
Components: Full Campy Record 9seed carbon
Crank: Campy Carbon Compact 50/36 (just switch)

Submitted by Crusher a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2008

Strengths:    You get EXACTLY what you ask for. The quality of the build and the finish are legendary.

It isn't carbon. With Carbon being the flavor of the month; you can appear to the unenlightened eye to be old school while having your cake and eating it too. I beleive Carbon has no soul and this clear finished beauty is all soul.

Fit. I wish I could relate the impact the correct fit has had. I wasn't inches off, but a half a shoe size is an eigth of an inch and you know what a difference that makes. These guys know what they are doing.

Weaknesses:    This bike is reassuringly expensive. You can spend more, but you're just feeding your ego if you go beyond this.

Bottom Line:
It is worth every penny.

I read every review the web had to offer. Without a single negative word to be found, I set my expectations very high. This bike is better than I dreamed.

The ride was exactly what I wanted. It is compliant on the rough stuff and solid when sprinting out of the saddle, just as I asked. Not a hint of side to side flex. Seven wanted more information than I had to give for my security clearence. I am glad they did as the fit made the custom bike all that it could be. Even though I had speant years reading every word on bike fit and had used all the tools from plumb lines to fit kits when I swung my leg over my Axiom and rode it for the first time it was as if no bike had ever fit me before. I am in the perfect position all the time. You know how you move into position when you are about to apply power like for a seated climb ? I realized on my first ride I was already in position, no need to move.

The ride can be dialed in just the way you like it, so you better know what you want when you step up to the counter to order. If you are unsure you can certainly get help, but you get what you ask for, so think about it....

The finish is like a swiss watch. I feel like I am riding a piece of fine jewelry. The round tubes speak class so loud the carbon jigsaw frames just bow down out of respect.

I've logged a few thousand miles on this frame so far, and this is the frame I will ride until I die.

Favorite Ride:   Anything dry

Purchased At:   Cascade Bicycle Stud

Similar Products Used:   Calfee Luna Pro, Trek 5200, Jamis Eclipse, Specialized Aleez, etc...

Bike Setup:   The Seven has Campagnolo components with a FSA Carbon Crank and Ceramic BB, DT Swiss Wheels and Hubs, Chris King Headset (duh) Seven Stem and Seat Post (vanity) Deda Newton Bars and a Koobi PRS Saddle (oh baby!)

Plus a cross bike, a rain bike, a mountain bike and a single speed....